NAD+. Hope, for the hopeless. I'm free.

[fi...]

boom - look into NAD+ in your area. A friend was told the supplements and nasal spray with NAD+ can help, sometimes as much as the IV therapy.

You can order them from Ken Starr's website too - he is the NAD+ guru in San Diego.

Here is a link:

[nobbc]https://kenstarrmd.com/[/nobbc]

edit: commercial link deactivated

Thanks for your story? What is the name of the clinic you went to in SD? I went to Dr Humiston’s amino acid clinic in SD and wasted 12,000.00. But I’m open to trying another clinic if it can save my life. Thank you!

Thanks for your story? What is the name of the clinic you went to in SD? I went to Dr Humiston’s amino acid clinic in SD and wasted 12,000.00. But I’m open to trying another clinic if it can save my life. Thank you!

Dolphins, why do you think Humistons treatment was ineffective for you??

I’ll let fishy reply to you directly, but there is the NAD  treatment center in San Diego and Ken Starr wellness in Arroyo grande.  There is also Springfield wellness center in Louisiana.

• 4 months later...

boom - look into NAD+ in your area. A friend was told the supplements and nasal spray with NAD+ can help, sometimes as much as the IV therapy.

You can order them from Ken Starr's website too - he is the NAD+ guru in San Diego.

Here is a link:

[nobbc]https://kenstarrmd.com/[/nobbc]

edit: commercial link deactivated

Don’t order supplements from Ken Starr. Order them directly from Archway apothecary in Louisiana.

• 1 month later...
NAD+ looks promising...the problem is the treatment centers are OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive and not covered by insurance. Can you, anyone,  comment on the NAD+ sublingual spray option?

Big, deep inhale. And exhale.

I'm free.

Dear friends and fellow sufferers.

I was once a very lost soul. Lost in the dark, with dark and evil thoughts.

I went through something so foul, so menacing, so depressing, I'm amazed I'm still alive.

Personally, it took me a long time to work up the courage to come back on these boards.

To me, it gives me PTSD, as I was in dire straits, death's door for over 2 years at the age of 30.

But to tackle PTSD, one must face the same fears if they can to make progress.

So here I am.

I'm alive. I'm thriving. I'm in college again. I drive again. I go to the gym. My life is pretty much back.

I just got out of surgery for my gallbladder. I'm on day 3 post op. I had zero benzos. My surgeon, nursing team, and anesthesia Dr. were incredible. They totally understood my previous benzo usage, and accommodated with perfection.

My heart rate never went above 80 bpm. My blood pressure never went above 150/85 at my worst pain.

I knew that if I got through my surgery, I was officially over withdrawals. I'm glad I got it out, it was an emergency. I wasn't full of stones, but it was spewing out so much bile at random times and heavily scarred so it had to go. So far, all is ok. I take a quarter of one 5 hydrocodone pill a day, which is nothing.

I have crazy extensive medical knowledge, 4 years of pharmacology, advanced paramedic, in school for Dr. of Occupational Therapy, and I couldn't figure out the benzo situation.

I couldn't taper once I got to 7.5 mg valium. I got stuck and suffered everyday.

Suicide, which is so hard to talk about, seemed like my only option, and I had one failed attempt.

But I didn't die. And I'm so glad, because life is great again. Even post op in pain.

Because I have what may people don't, a new lease on life.

I told everyone around me, I've been through hell. Benzo withdrawal is way worse.

Now, pregnant ladies told me gallbladder pain and removal was the worst they ever experienced. And it was terrible.

But benzo withdrawal was way worse.

It was really nice to be treated so nice in my own hospital room, as opposed to a psych ward which was one of the worst experiences I've ever dealt with. What felt even better was post op questions. Do you feel depressed? Nope! Do you want to hurt yourself or anyone? Nope! They said I was one of the most chipper patients they had. All due to the hell I went through.

I could go on and on about my experience with withdrawals. I did and do so much to help myself.

The hard part for me is telling you all how I got free, because many of you likely can't afford it.

I go lucky, real lucky, and had help. But it was investment that paid off fully.

I got free from a great NAD+ center here where I live in San Diego for 15 full days for $20,000,

the longest a patient had ever stayed there. My roommate was there for xanax, I was there for valium.

I'm now officially 5 months clean and free. It's been over though since just about month 3.

NAD+ works wonders and I fully support it. It has so many uses just besides the anti aging benefits.

I know I wouldn't have made it without it as I was dying. I had labs done at the center first thing from a great Nurse Partitioner who is now my GP, I love this woman. Those labs I hold in a folder next to my bed. They showed my body was shutting down. I could't detox from the valium and it was building up to lethal levels inside of me. The long half life just kept stacking up and it slowed down almost every important process in my body such as thyroid, eye sight, metabolism, kidney function, liver function, testosterone, cholesterol, CRP or inflammation markers, heart issues, gallbladder, and many more. I was in fact, dying. I had to tell my family that I was dying at age 30, it was horrific. But I did feel validated. I knew that what was going on, a human being should not be going through. I had fought medical professionals for 2 years, saying I felt like I was dying, only to be told I was making it up, regardless of my medical background. But the professionals at the NAD+ treatment center fully understood and dealt with my type of issues everyday of every week. I was one of the worst cases of course, because of the inability to clear drugs effectively. On my gallbladder surgery the surgical team had to pay special attention to how much drugs I got because of the drug clearance issue. But like great professionals, everything was calculated down to .01.

I leaned heavily on God, my wife, my best friends, my family, and kept the future in my front pocket. I made so many goals, starting small then progressing to bigger and bigger to show I was still capable of making progress. Supplements were key, water and hydration was key, sleep was key, low sugar and carbs was key, my sunlight depression lamp is key, plant and lean protein diet is key, meditation and prayer is key, and my puppies are key. I have so much to say honestly. But I'll stop it for now as I need to rest for my post op. I will log on every so often then next couple of days to a week to help or ask any questions you all need. I understand all of this vey well, and understand neural chemistry quite well now.

I love you all. Don't give up. Life is capable of being good again, even better because you will appreciate it so much more than before. There are so many people that care, I care, you just got to find the right team. God bless. -Fishy, Jameson

What supplements please? Just will never have 20k for this, but help us all and tell us what supplements helped you?

Nicotinimide? Really? Is that a form of nicotine? Are you saying a form of nicotine was in your supplements? Please let us know what supplements you took? Otherwise folks might think you work for a NAD+ Center, lololol!!

Great success story!

Thank you so much for coming back giving hope!

Best wishes to your long and benzo free life!

Can you share your symptoms and taper schedule?

• 5 months later...

All,

I am only posting this here because Fishy did not respond to Joy.

I, like fishy, am knowledgeable about biochem.  Nicotinamide, is not nicotine, it is a form of niacin, vitamin B3 aka nicotinic acid.  It has chemical similarities to nicotine (nature loves to be efficient) but niacin and all its metabolites are vitamins and coenzymes, not a the drug in tobacco.

NAD+ is the most biologically active form of niacin, and there is no way one could take niacin or even anything oral that is further down the metaboilic pathway to get substantial NAD+, nicotinamide aka niacinamide, is closer and helpful, but not anywhere near NAD+.

I am digging deeper into this now, and thank you all for your posts.

Ramcon1

• 6 months later...

Hello, my story is similar to yours.  I am on .25 mg of alprazolam twice daily.  I am down to 1.5 pills per day dry cutting about 1.5 percent a month.  I literally have every symptom noted (65 symptoms).  Like you , I feel my self getting sicker and sicker and with each dose down it gets much worse.  I now have dark urine and fear major kidney issues.

Can you tell me more about the treatment center?  Did you have withdrawal after leaving??  An you tell me how you felt over the 15 days while there, and after?  How are you doing now?

• 2 years later...
Insurance Companies do cover it.  Anthem Blue Cross does!  You just have to pay upfront then have a biller submit your claims for your.  It worked for me!!

Hi Fishyfish, thank you for coming back and telling everyone. Much appreciated all the more because PTSD can make it so hard!

There are clinics here in Chicagoland that administer NAD+ IV's. It seems to be more of a spa treatment than a medical one! Oddly, none of them seem to be connected with any naturopaths. I'll keep trying, but it's not looking good.

Was your NAD+ IV treatment tailored to your special needs, or was it a more generic treatment? Any specifics would be SUPER!!!

If I can make this work, I'll try it. Even if I have to go back and get another treatment every day for two weeks.

Many thanks!!!  :thumbsup:

How do I get this NAD+

Is it a supplement?

What is the $20,000 program?

I really need my life back for my child.

I’m on day 18 post benzo detox

Needing all the help I can get.

At this point I’d spend anything to completely heal myself of all this misery

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the thing.  Most of the NAD+ you get online are going to come in 500 mg vials and cost about $350-500. This is generally injected into the fat layer of the skin due to pills efficacy being extremely limited during digestion.  Most of the marketing around the injectable type has to do with anti-aging. With that said, detox clinics are generally administering 1000-2000 mg in a single day via injecting the NAD+ into a saline bag and having that saline bag drip into you over a longer 3-5 hour timeframe.  They typically add other vitamins or amino acids in this cocktail to help your body accept the cocktail better.

Me personally, I have been experimenting with lower dose infusions during an expedited taper.  I have been cutting my doses in half approx every 2 weeks.  It's not completely withdrawal free, but it is way more manageable today than the first experiences of withdrawal I encountered. Currently, I am using cannabis after 10pm to sleep and take the NAD+ dose as recommended twice a week.

Is the NAD+ a placebo? Maybe.  But since I started this, I've found it easier to decrease my doses and the only PAWS symptom I encounter is very manageable back pain.  No more constant lingering headaches and no more difficulty breath and mucus mornings.  I've also considered that the same way we hit a xanax tolerance, we may also hit a withdrawal tolerance that helps you expect a certain level of discomfort, but also trains you to tolerate XYZ level of pain.  Regardless, I'm happy I have found something that works for me at the moment.

I'm experimenting with the nasal mist form of NAD+. I just started, and am only doing one spray at the moment, to see how I tolerate it. The mist goes into the upper nasal passages and sinus cavities, where it gets absorbed quickly. I plan on starting a thread to share my observations and experiences, as I will be increasing from the 12.5mg dose I now take daily, to the usual 25mg starting dose.

Some inject it, some use an oral spray or sublingual lozenges, some use the nasal mist. I've been reading about it on Reddit and other forums as well. Most find that doing self injections or using the nasal mist, are the best way to inexpensively increase NAD+ in the body. Feedback from the majority injecting 25mg to 50 mg daily, or using the nasal mist from 25mg to 50mg daily, has been mostly positive. It takes consistent use to build up NAD+ to therapeutic levels, then one can get by on regular maintenance doses.

• 2 months later...

I thought I would come back here to add an article I found on this subject today.  Many people express relief from exercise during withdrawal. Others also tout the benefit of NAD+.  I tried it, it did make tapering manageable but I also don't have a comparable experience to say that the tapering would have been manageable without the NAD+. 

With that said, I came across this article today and wondering if those of us who are taking NAD treatments would have similar results from just exercising a lot?

I'm not trying to say one is better than the other, but if you were thinking of doing NAD to reduce your symptoms but don't have the money, maybe this article will help motivate you to get some free NAD+.

https://longevity.technology/news/regular-exercise-shown-to-keep-nad-levels-in-muscles-topped-up/

I read similar things on I think reddit before. Not benzo related but a girl who said her lazy boyfriend took NAD+ and felt a lot better, more energized, slept better but then she also tried it and works out a lot and it didn't really do anything for her. I guess NAD+ is a good option to try when you can handle it but cannot handle workouts?

I’m looking into it. Found a Dr in Chicago area that does nad + therapy. I’m going for a consultation. I’m always concerned about anything new in my body. I can’t handle any set backs. I’m on the fence. 10 months out still have symptoms and would love for them to be gone! $20k is a small price to pay for my health…..if it works?

• 1 month later...

I’m looking into it. Found a Dr in Chicago area that does nad + therapy. I’m going for a consultation. I’m always concerned about anything new in my body. I can’t handle any set backs. I’m on the fence. 10 months out still have symptoms and would love for them to be gone! $20k is a small price to pay for my health…..if it works?

Tyson9, I'm in the same area. Good for you for finding someone! Will the therapy be geared towards Benzo healing? I have an appointment with the Mayo Clinic in April. I read in this forum that they have doctors who are aware of benzo injuries so we'll see. I'm seven months out and still having some issues I'd call major. Please let us know how your Chicago NAD+ clinic appointment goes!

I have an appointment with the Mayo Clinic in April. I read in this forum that they have doctors who are aware of benzo injuries so we'll see.

The website has a section on benzos and Ashton Method. Two BB members who had Mayo doctors, at the suggestion of their doctors, went on to have NAD+. One went to a clinic, the other went to a general infusion center near his home, and his Mayo doctor came out and did NAD+ infusions. I hope all goes well with your appointment.

• 5 months later...