1 Year Benzo free

[ka...]

Hello All,

Approx 13 months ago I went cold turkey off of 3-4mg ativan daily.  I had been on prescription benzos for 13 years. Because of low heart rate and blood pressure issues I was unable to take any meds for the detox process.  You can view my story in my earlier posts.  My healing process seemed long and was at times, brutal.  Those first 4 months were indescribable but little by little things got better. There were points where I wanted to quit and just pop a benzo but I knew I could not endure another detox proccess from square 1.  There were times I just could not see the light at the end of the tunnel and became close to hopeless.  I was put on an SSRI for depression.  It helped. Now, 13 months later, the only RX I take is still the SSRI. My life, physical,mental, spiritual and social is fairly normal.  I still struggle with anxiety-probably the same anxiety I started taking the benzos for in the first place.  Now, however, it is manageable.  I still struggle in loud, crowded places so I avoid them. Overall, I feel completely healed.  So glad I stuck it out.  If you are struggling, hang in there and don't give up.  It's completely worth the work you are doing.  Benzo Buddies was instrumental to my success.  Sometime I just needed to communicate with people who understood what I was going through.  If you need someone to talk to, PM me. If I can help anyone else going through this process I would love to do so.

Best Wishes

katz09899

• Like 1

Excellent and congrats! I've come to believe there is no easy way out of withdrawal, only time, time and more time. And then, like you, you come out the other side! Be well!

Thank you SO much for sharing your story - it's these that I search for each and every day.....gives me hope!

Wishing you a wonderful, happy and fulfilling post Benzo life!

:smitten: :smitten:

• 6 years later...