Hi BB...update 18 months

[ml...]

Hi fellow warriors,

I have not been on here for several months, I just really needed time away for a while to really move away from all the constant benzo fear and thoughts. I think of you all so often. Those I know and those I don't know, but it does not matter, because we all have a unique journey and struggle getting thru all this, that no one outside of this experience can EVER understand.  :hug:

I just wanted to pop in here now at 18 months free and tell you all that life DOES return after this. That you will once again have joy and be free of so much pain and the horrific, intense and crippling anxiety. The relentless fear and ALL the other incredibly horrible things that come along with this healing. Happiness, joy and peace does come back after so much pain. I felt the need to pop in and encourage you that it will, I promise, just let enough time pass.

I have never experienced anything that took so long to heal from and changed ones life so drastically, but I am fully recovered and rarely do I even think about what happened to me anymore. It's something that still blows my mind, because it was 24/7, hideous torture in my mind and body for months and months and months. I felt about 95% at a year and now at 18 months, It's truly all over. No more waves or healing sx and to encourage those that have had it really rough, I get it. I had a torturous CT wd and really never thought it would ever be possible to fully recover. I felt like my mind and body had been totally fried and there was no way I could ever come back, but I did and you will too. It's so amazing.

I remember holding on for seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks and eventually months, just hoping the time would keep moving...that more TIME would rack up, because in this deal, that's what we need and there is absolutely nothing (IMO) that can make this end faster. It's just time, time and lots more time. It's pretty incredible what our bodies can do, given that time, along with a lot of commitment, patience and courage. You will feel joy again. My oldest daughter just got married and I felt so alive and happy. Planning it all with her thru the last few months and FEELING what your supposed to feel. I am so grateful. Now our youngest is engaged and she will be married next year and again, I feel the joy and excitement. Something I never thought possible, just one year ago.

Keep going, keep moving along the track, don't look back, just stay focused forward.

I pray this helps anyone that is in need of some proof, that you will get better and I also pray that God's blessings and presence is there to see you thru with each one of you this summer.

:smitten:

~Lysa

Hi Lysa,

This is so wonderful to read. You did amazing  :thumbsup:  Can I just ask, how did you manage to keep positive? I sort of feel so worn down now at over 27 months. It's sort of getting tougher to keep hope alive and I'm so incredibly exhausted. The slightest stress just knocks me for six.

This is a great update. Thankyou for coming back  :smitten:

Hello ML my old buddie! So good to hear from you and soooooo happy you have healed!! CONGRATULATIONS  ;D. Im 13 months off now and healing. Things are getting easier and i have started doing small jobs again through my business. Still symptomatic but im on my way and can't wait too be where you are.

Thankyou for your support,  it was a pleasure having you as a buddie on here. There were many times your comments really helped me and i am forever grateful!

Now go and live your life and dont look back! Bigs hugs buddy and i wish you all the best in the future  :yippee::therethere::2funny::clap::highfive::mybuddy:

Lysa

How refreshing to read this today. What a beautiful post, a lovely story. I really needed to read this today. Thanks so much for taking the time to write.

I had tears rolling down my face reading it. It just really touched me. I woke up with double vision (had this on and off) and cog fog (one of my scary symptoms) and feeling really slow and frightened today. And anxiety, so in a wave. And it means so much to come on to BB and be able to read your words of hope, and someone that has come through and out the other side.

I was really touched by you saying you were at your daughters wedding and were able to feel what you were supposed to feel. I so get that. How lovely for you. This whole benzo w/d can rob us of who we are and it's so good to hear we come back home so to speak.

And the reminder of Gods presence and well wishes for the summer.

Thank you Lysa!

Love xxx

I read your sucess story so many times.

You are CT sucess case.

CT is sort of like destined  to be failure.

You have ptoved it to be opposite.

Thank you for kindly updating your status.

Hi Lysa

So brilliant to see that you made it. Many congratulations and thank you for your story.

It is so great to read the success story and how far you have come.

I wish you much love luck and happiness.  And of course , great health to you.

:clap::yippee:

Bless you for coming back again.  I have read your success story several times and it has given me hope to keep going.  You sharing this update again has given me even more hope for today. Thank you.  Wishing you lots of love and joy for your life.  :-*

Congratulations Lysa!!!! :smitten:

Thank you for coming back and updating that you have healed and on the other side!! BIG :hug: sweet lady!

Praise God! God is good all the time!! :smitten:

Thanks for sharing your beautiful, hopeful story with the rest of us. Congratulations on making it to the other side where, clearly, the sun is shining down on you! Best wishes to you and your family.

Congratulations!  So happy you for you.  Thank you for taking the time to write about your recovery, its much appreciated.

Saraa

So nice to hear from a familiar face! I cried reading this. I too am measuring benzo-free time PLUS the 18-month mark instead of UNTIL then ... and reveling in awe at how wonderful it is to get my life back. So glad you made it here. You will too, anyone else reading this. You will too.

What a wonderful story!!! It's so hard for us on this side to understand that life can return to normal again, that we will feel happy and free of anxiety. It's so good to have you come back and tell us!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I wish all the best for you!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lysa,

Thank you for the update, it is so much appreciated.  This made me cry as I can so relate to wanting to feel good, alive  and happy about something especially my kids and their accomplishments. You did it, well done my friend!  May God continue to bless your path❤

Best wishes,

~Guida~

Dear Lysa,

Wonderful...just wonderful! Your news brings hope to all of us...thank you for coming back to post. Please keep us up to date. Your words have been very helpful to me. It's a long journey and knowing someone has made it to the end is encouraging.

With love and compassion,

Carita  :smitten:

Lysa you were always so positive and for that I was grateful to read your stuff.Now I am reading you are well again,that is beautiful words to my ears.Thanks for being you,and thanks for sharing your break through to health!!!

wen :) :)

hello

Thanks so much for such a lovely success story.

It really helps to read something like this.

Wishing you all the best for the future.

Thank you!

Lib  :thumbsup:

Hi Lysa,

This is so wonderful to read. You did amazing  :thumbsup:  Can I just ask, how did you manage to keep positive? I sort of feel so worn down now at over 27 months. It's sort of getting tougher to keep hope alive and I'm so incredibly exhausted. The slightest stress just knocks me for six.

This is a great update. Thankyou for coming back  :smitten:

Hello Marj. Thank you for responding. To be brutally honest about your question, I just pushed thru one day at a time and one moment at a time. There were months on end that ANY positive feeling was just impossible. I was so sick, full of panic and so afraid, that it is really hard to put into words. I think the thing that helped me really get thru those tough times and they were 24/7 for the first several months, was KNOWING what I was feeling was chemical and from the WD of the drug. My mind was sick and had the "flu" so to speak...THAT truth, really helped me, it helped me to push thru and KNOW that the hopelessness, fear and utter emotional exhaustion, was not "real" but part of the recovery process. I hope that will help you too. It really does get better. I am a positive and fun loving person by nature, so maybe that helped, but I was just not willing to settle for anything but ME, fully back, 100% and I kept on until I saw glimpses of that. Once I felt a day here and there between the waves, that was better, I knew it was possible. Somtimes it was ony for 5 minutes, but I held onto that.

God bless and just keep moving, let the time stack up!  It takes so darn long, but it DOES happen!

:smitten:

Lysa

Hello ML my old buddie! So good to hear from you and soooooo happy you have healed!! CONGRATULATIONS  ;D. Im 13 months off now and healing. Things are getting easier and i have started doing small jobs again through my business. Still symptomatic but im on my way and can't wait too be where you are.

Thankyou for your support,  it was a pleasure having you as a buddie on here. There were many times your comments really helped me and i am forever grateful!

Now go and live your life and dont look back! Bigs hugs buddy and i wish you all the best in the future  :yippee::therethere::2funny::clap::highfive::mybuddy:

Hi sweet buddy! Thanks for the response and I am SO GLAD to hear you are getting better and better! Man this takes it's sweet time huh!  :sick:

Soon enough ALL of this will be behind you and a far distant memory that taught you much about yourself and just how amazingly strong you really are! Carry on and lots of hugs!  :hug:

Lysa

Lysa

How refreshing to read this today. What a beautiful post, a lovely story. I really needed to read this today. Thanks so much for taking the time to write.

I had tears rolling down my face reading it. It just really touched me. I woke up with double vision (had this on and off) and cog fog (one of my scary symptoms) and feeling really slow and frightened today. And anxiety, so in a wave. And it means so much to come on to BB and be able to read your words of hope, and someone that has come through and out the other side.

I was really touched by you saying you were at your daughters wedding and were able to feel what you were supposed to feel. I so get that. How lovely for you. This whole benzo w/d can rob us of who we are and it's so good to hear we come back home so to speak.

And the reminder of Gods presence and well wishes for the summer.

Thank you Lysa!

Love xxx

WOW...thank you for such a beautiful post. You made me cry and my heart just sang, knowing I helped. I almost didn't come back to post an update. I'm so glad I did. If it helps just ONE person hang on, its so incredibly worth taking the time to do so. Hugs to you and keep on keepin on!  :hug:

I read your sucess story so many times.

You are CT sucess case.

CT is sort of like destined  to be failure.

You have ptoved it to be opposite.

Thank you for kindly updating your status.

Thank you...how sweet. I really appreciate your response. Just knowing someone out there has benefitted from my pain, makes it all worth it! Hugs buddy  :hug:

Hi Lysa

So brilliant to see that you made it. Many congratulations and thank you for your story.

It is so great to read the success story and how far you have come.

I wish you much love luck and happiness.  And of course , great health to you.

:clap::yippee:

Thank you! The same to you, we are some serious strong human beings!  :smitten::thumbsup: