Benzo free since June 09

[so...]

Hi Everyone: I'd like to Thank all the members who offered me support over the past year namely T2, Colin, Beeper, LoriLee, Haljes and all the others who provided valuable insight into recovery from the world of Benzos.

When the medical profession offered no solutions (they were the ones who got me into this mess) Benzobuddies was an tremendous support for my recovery. During the past year I've experienced a myrid of withdrawal symptoms including anxiety, depression, depersonalization, tinnitus, GI issues, insomnia and most any other symtom experienced by those withdrawing from Benzos. Mine was a unique situation as I was tapering from 2 benzos, Klono and Ativan, and Colin and T2 where helpful in giving me reasonable suggestions for tapering off, including titration. I would highly recommend titration as it helps the body adjust at it's own rate, as you can hold at any point depending on your w/d symtoms. There is a lot of fear involved during the withdrawal process, and no one can explain the frustration that only those withdrawing from Benzos know all too well.  Unfortunately benzos provide only a temporary solution to anxiety and insomnia, and therefore should only be used in a clinical setting for short term use. My feeling is that there should also be  WARNING LABELS stating that the drug should not be stopped abruptly!!! This would have saved me a tremendous deal of turmoil which I experienced on my dark journey to Benzoland. I just wanted to share with everyone going through a difficult time that there is hope, and you can be Benzo free one day. The key is to be patient, and not to give up, knowing you are not alone, by any means. Being an accidental addict,  I had to learn the hard way, and sites like this provided a great support in navigating through the storm.  Good Luck to all of those tapering off Benzos, and huge Thankyou to all who have travelled this long journey to Benzo freedom. It's been a year on October 14 from Cigarettes and Alcohol so I'm going to dive into a big piece of apple pie and ice cream!!! ;)

Take Care,

Songwriter007

Changed benzo free date to June 09.  :)

Hi SW,

Thanks so much for posting your success story!! It's great to see you and hear that you are able to enjoy a piece of apple pie and ice cream!! Yum!!  :) Take care!!

T2 :smitten:

Hi Songwriter,

Thanks for letting us know how you're doing and sharing your success.  So many people come here because they need hope, thanks for giving them some.

Pam :smitten:

Hi Songwriter,

Congratulations!

I loved reading your positive post. :smitten:

I so wished I had been given a warning of long term benzo use and stopping abruptly..either verbally or in writing. I learned the hard way too and my doc wanted nothing to do with me once I was crippled in full withdrawals.

I found my salvation by coming to this board and finding others to help me understand this horrible drug and how to get off with support and being able to function.

I am not sure what I would of done if the this board wasnt here?

We are so lucky to help each other out & inspired one another!

Best wishes to you and hope you continue to enjoy all the pie in the sky!

XXXXX :smitten:

Hi Songwriter:

Thankyou for writing about your success.  It is a tremendous inspiration for folks still fighting the battle and hearing that you are doing well is an additional inspiration for those of us with prolonged w/d sx.  It really helps to read stories like yours.

ntw

• 4 weeks later...