3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

I don`t know if melting it under the tongue helps, I saw a few people mentioning it over on FB , so thought I`d try it.  I take my 1.75mg at night, after melting this under my tongue, I woke next day in a window. 

Hasn`t happened since but it can`t hurt to keep doing that.  At least it goes directly into our system that way.

Hi everyone - I disappeared for a couple of weeks..I am dealing with this darn kidney stone. It won’t pass. Ugh.  I have an appointment on the 1st, and if it hasn’t passed by then, I may have to have intervention  :'(  I guess 20% of 4mm and over stones don’t pass on their own. Ugh. 

I am glad everyone is moving down on their doses, I am too.  I haven’t let this KS stop me from my reductions. YAY. I am at 1.37mg

It is interesting about the different philosophies of reducing and holding and what works or doesn’t.  One thing I will say as being a long timer on the boards here, is many people have found themselves in trouble by going too fast, especially at the end and then ending up having to hold for a long time, or up dosing because what happens is the sx just keep compounding.  It seems to be like an acute w/d.  If you’re interested you can go back through the boards and read peoples stories to see what happened to them. Obviously this doesn’t happen to everyone, but from what I have witnessed it happens more often than not.  So please just be careful.

The goal is to be functioning.  From my own experience, and going to fast in the past, I was not functioning at times and completely bed ridden and house bound. Finding my sweet spot and % was/is a game changer.  This definitely reduced my horrible sx.  I know we all want to just be done with this benzo poison.  Oh, and holding did work for me.  I know for some it did not.  I guess until someone tries, they don’t know if it will work.  :)

I hope everyone is having a good day and lots of “window” for all  :thumbsup:

Marie

I don`t know if melting it under the tongue helps, I saw a few people mentioning it over on FB , so thought I`d try it.  I take my 1.75mg at night, after melting this under my tongue, I woke next day in a window. 

Hasn`t happened since but it can`t hurt to keep doing that.  At least it goes directly into our system that way.

I thought I should give you a heads up after reading your post about melting diazepam under your tongue diazepam is made to disperse in the gut as it is broken down and metabolised by the liver  therefore you’re not going to get a full dose of diazepam so whoever is telling you to put it under your tongue is totally wrong. 

Nova  :smitten:

Good for you, Marie!  Glad to hear the KS didn't keep you from tapering!

Thank you - I wanted to hold a couple of times because of the pain, as I am already in pain all the time from this w/d, but I have just been able to hang in there… :thumbsup:

Good for you, Marie!  Glad to hear the KS didn't keep you from tapering!

Thank you - I wanted to hold a couple of times because of the pain, as I am already in pain all the time from this w/d, but I have just been able to hang in there… :thumbsup:

You are a true warrior!  so sorry that this was added to the stress of w/d -- and so glad it didn't get you down.

Thank you for posting

I thought I should give you a heads up after reading your post about melting diazepam under your tongue diazepam is made to disperse in the gut as it is broken down and metabolised by the liver  therefore you’re not going to get a full dose of diazepam so whoever is telling you to put it under your tongue is totally wrong. 

Thanks Nova, I`ve stopped doing that anyway.  It wasn`t helping or even hurting as far as I could see.    David Powers suggested it to people on his FB group.  Oh well perhaps he`s not as clued up as I`d hoped. 

NCT

Down to 1.50 mg.  Muscle pain across my lower back but no other sxs today.

Anyone else getting this pain?  I was hoping it would get a bit better the lower I go? 

NCT

Constant muscle pain across shoulder and neck.  Been taking tylenol before bed every night for a few weeks.  Probably getting dependant to that now!  Sigh. Down to .7mg!

Constant muscle pain across shoulder and neck.  Been taking tylenol before bed every night for a few weeks.  Probably getting dependant to that now!  Sigh. Down to .7mg!

Thanks for letting me know that you`ve got muscle pain too Paula, it helps to know that we`re not alone.

.7mg well done!

When will you jump off? 

Hi everyone - I disappeared for a couple of weeks..I am dealing with this darn kidney stone. It won’t pass. Ugh.  I have an appointment on the 1st, and if it hasn’t passed by then, I may have to have intervention  :'(  I guess 20% of 4mm and over stones don’t pass on their own. Ugh. 

I asked about you last weekend, when I was last here. I wondered if you were still being sidelined by that darn kidney stone.  :tickedoff: Was hoping it was that, and not something worse. We tend to notice when we don't see people posting.

People noticed I had been gone for slightly more than a week. I'll try to pop in at least weekly. Still recovering from jumping, I moved into post-acute this past week. Having small windows, mostly in the mornings. Everything goes downhill and crashes by late afternoon. If you can survive a kidney stone and taper, I can get through this post jump recovery.

Deacon from my church had a kidney stone earlier this year. He was still teaching at a high school, and was in agony. Didn't pass, he went in and they used sound waves to blast it into smaller pieces. He took off from teaching, passed fine gravel basically. He was relieved it was over.

Congrats on getting so low. Tell that kidney stone that you are coming with a light saber. :oXo:  That's what I told the remaining diazepam in my body, get out and stay out Darth Benzo! :oXo:

Nevercantell, maybe .5, depends how my week goes!

I was thinking 0.5 too but I`ll see how it goes as well.  I don`t want to drag this out but maybe 0.25 might just give us a bump landing instead of a crash??  But saying that I don`t believe the amount we`re taking is really doing much now.

I had a window at 2am when I woke for the bathroom, it was heavenly, no pain, no sxs at all.  I was tempted to play some music and dance but I don`t think my husband would appreciate the noise with me jumping about like a baby elephant.

Unfortunately squeezing across my lower back now.......sigh.

Hello fellow Benzo warriors,

I am almost here, but not yet- at 3.4mg right now.  I am doing cut and hold, but this last cut was horrible!  I am better now and going to start to taper again on Wednesday. 

The last cut from 3.8 to 3.4 was the worst cut yet- that is over now.  I am going to slow my taper down from now on, I have liquid from the manufacture, so I can taper much easier.

I am not really a fan of DMT.  I have done this in the past and the cuts just caught up to me.  I like doing cut & hold because I typically feel bad for about a week after the symptoms from the cut start. 

I may revisit the DMT as I get lower in my dose.  Any advise on this from you amazing people?  I can't wait to officially be here! 

I've tapered from xanax to ativan to valium since October 2022. I'm now down to .5 mg of valium from 2 mg and I'm really struggling. My w/d symptoms are just as bad as when I started. Is this normal? I've been on and off of benzos for years.

Jumped off at .5mgs, 72 hours ago!  Yesterday was a really bad anxiety day, but today I'm ok except for neck and shoulder aches.  I will wait a couple of months and then start to "slay the gabapentin beast".  Glad to put this nightmare taper behind me.  Good luck everyone!

Congratulations Paula. 

Hope you`ll continue posting, I`d love to keep track of how you`re getting on.

The pregabalin helped?    I`m speaking to my Dr on Wed to ask if there`s anything he can suggest to help the muscle pain?  But I`m wary of taking the preg- has it helped much? ty

I`m still on 1.50mg diaz, dropping in 3 days to 1.25mg which is hard trying to chop up these 2mgs pills.  Wondering if the Dr may give me the liquid valium to finish off with?

Nevercantell, I took gabapentin, is a much weaker than pregabalin.  No, it does not help with muscle pain, just nerve pain.  It helped me tremendousely with sleep, depression and anxiety, but I now have to taper it off as well.

Thanks Paula

You`ve saved me asking my Dr for pregabalin or gabapentin, thanks.  I`m now waiting for him to call and hoping he can suggest something for the muscle pain, plus the liquid to taper down from 1.50mg

Alycat- that`s really kind of you, but I`m in the UK and haven`t got that pharmacy here. 

With the NHS I can ask for the liquid but I may not get it as it`s very expensive- makes me mad especially as an NHS  Dr got me into this mess to begin with. 

Due to cut tomorrow but dreading it, under 5mg and I`ve felt every single drop. 

How`s everyone else doing? 

NCT