B's Valium taper success

[...]

Hi folks,

I was self-medicating with valium for 1 year, after being prescribed anti-depressants for situational stress.

Was then prescribed valium after cold turkey and 1 year later tapered off 4 mg per day over about 3 months.

Last dose was just over a year ago.

it's not easy but very doable with the right attitude and planning,

all the best,

B

Mr. B, this is such a great success story and you described your journey very well.  You also revealed how to stay positive through this benzo ordeal which is very important for others to know.  I wish you a long and happy life.  Thanks for being such a good friend to BB's members.  I will never forget your compassion and wisdom.

Patty  xo

Mr. B,

What an amazing journey.  I really appreciate you writing that success story.  Many times in chat, people if its truely possible to beat the benzos.  I will now be pointing to your story as a reference for anyone that asks that question. 

Thanks again for the success story..it is very inspirational.  I hope to complete my titration soon and follow in your footsteps.

Tim

Thanks for taking the time to write up your story, Mr. B. I didn't realize how much preparation you had made before tapering, like the diet changes, but I can see that all those things - and your attitude of acceptance - went a long way towards making the process tolerable.  It's great to see you doing so well "just" 5 months out.  ;D

Wow - what a great success story. Thanks for taking the time to write this - I'm sure it will be an inspiration to many, many people.

Lynne  :thumbsup:

MrB- Thank you for sharing your journey. So glad you are on the other side and living your life, one step at a time.

All the best to you :)

Hey MrB,      :mybuddy:

It's been quite the ride hasn't it?  I was thinking the other day of our early days here, and thinking how far we've both come.  I'm so glad to see everything is good benzowise, and life is getting back on track!    :yippee: 

It really didn't take long for Mom to get her sofa back did it?  ::)

Mr. B

Just wanted to add my support and prayers for a great success story. I was mesmerized by your writing and the way in which you went about conquering the Valium War.

I must say you must have the bet Mum in the world.

All the best to you on your new and improved journey in life.

I know it won't be easy but you seem to be so positive and have the worst behind you

Thanks so much for sharing your entire story.

I am in the middle of a Valium taper myself and feel like this will never end until I read a story

like yours and then I have lots of hope and  somehow find my inner strength too.

Thanks again and lets hear more stories of your continued success in the city :thumbsup:

Pennyblue

Dear, Dear Mr.B

At last you find yourself in the Success Stories.  Great story.  Even when you were much sicker you added greatly to the group.  Now, you are contributing again showing us how we will feel one day soon.  Thanks for everything.

ntw