Xanax taper off 9mgs., of XANAX!!! CAR JACKING!!!

[sa...]

***Disclaimer: I am not in or related to the Medical Field.  Everything, I post is from my own personal and physical experience.**********************

My name is Sara78 and I did a Xanax detox on Jan 19, 2009.  I was in treatment until Feb. 23, 2009.  It took me 5 weeks to do this horrible detox.  My detox consisted of Librium, and Serax.  This was a nightmare.

I was put on Xanax after being diagnosed with PTSD after being car jacked at gun point in 08-05.  I was in Chandler, AZ getting gas and after I put the gas nozzle in the tank I got back into my car to sit down, and a guy came up to me and said"get the F*** out of the car.  I did.  He was with two other guys.  The two other guys ran.  Eventually, all three guys were caught.

I started on 7 or 8mgs., and quickly went to 9mgs. daily.  I was on 6mgs., of Xanax XR, and 3mgs., of Xanax fast acting. 

Sara78

Hi Sara,

That is quite a story! I'm so glad you survived both the car jacking and the detox. How are you feeling now? That is a massively rapid taper. Are you off all the detox meds also?

I'm glad you are ok, but we try to discourage a rapid detox except in the most extreme cases. It sounds like you fared well, but many may not. This is due to our own individual physiology and many other circumstances involved in our medication history.

Welcome to Benzo Buddies, and thank you for sharing your story. Keep us up to date on your progress. 

"My name is Sara78 and I did a Xanax detox on Jan 19, 2009.  I was in treatment until Feb. 23, 2009.  It took me 5 weeks to do this horrible detox.  My detox consisted of Librium, and Serax.  This was a nightmare."

So, Sara, how are you doing two-plus months later?  Are you off?  Are you still experiencing w/d symptoms?

The carjacking incidents sounds really scary!

I am off all detox meds.  I finished all benzos on Feb. 23, 2009.  It is an incredible feeling to be benzo FREE!!! I wish everyone well. 

Sara78

That is good to hear Sarah!

I'm going to merge your two threads since they are on the same board and are the same subject. You can answer there by clicking 'reply' in the upper (or lower) right hand corner of the thread.

Hey Sara,

I see you made it in!  :)

Are you still having symptoms from the detox?    ???    I'm not sure which is scarier, the car jacking or the detox!    :-\

Can you tell us how you tapered?  I'm curious to know how you tapered that much so fast.  I would have definitely been too scared!  :o

I bet you are stronger today than you were going into it all!  It never ceases to amaze me the doses I see.  If I'd taken that much Xanax I'm not sure I could have walked.  The human body and it's ability to tolerate things is truely incredible.

I hope you had a good weekend! 

Phyllis    :smitten:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I have been Benzo free for over 6 months!!!  I was addicted to Xanax.  I am just here to say that it is possible to overcome such an addiction.  I was not sure how I was going to feel off of Xanax.  The truth is that I feel great.  I realized that I had anxiety about the Benzos.  Now a days my anxiety does not exist.  I have never felt better. 

I have been Benzo free for over 6 months!!!  I was addicted to Xanax.  I am just here to say that it is possible to overcome such an addiction.  I was not sure how I was going to feel off of Xanax.  The truth is that I feel great.  I realized that I had anxiety about the Benzos.  Now a days my anxiety does not exist.  I have never felt better. 

That's great news, Sara!! Thanks for the update!!  :yippee:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sara:

what an awful story and what a great ending.  You did it and I am so glad to hear about it.  It is wonderful that you are feeling so good these days.

ntw