Deedee is now free! Encouragement for others!!!

[de...]

Well to anyone out there I have chatted to on this site. I have been Benzo free since August 10th 2008.

Was it hard? Ohhhhh! Yeeehhh! After a nine and a half year Benzo addiction Clonozepam(Rivotril as we call it in Australia) 2mg per day. It was a little!!!

Can it be done, you may ask? It sure can!!!!!!!!!!!

It took me eight and a half very hard months to get of this stuff, whilst still being a person, wife and mother. I was not able to work out of the hme, however I was not able to work for over 10 years.

A person trying to get of the Benzos may feel that there life is totally consumed with breaking, mixing and counting pills. Well I have now realised that these pills have consumed about nine and a half years of my life!!! Thats what makes the last bit worthwhile.

I experienced most of the symptoms that they talk about and even had a few panic attacks. My withdrawal symptoms seemed to come and go in waves.  So Yes!!! I did get some great days during my withdrawal.

I am still not 100 percent, but I am so, so much better, now that I am off the Benzos.

Everything does seem clearer. I have a major sense of accomplishment. And my advice to anyone that is struggling out there is to - hold on tight, take your time, rushing is definately not the way. Liitle by little you will get closer to your goals to be Benzo free. Yes! There will be bad days where you can't do much. Others might be lucky and not get many! Take advice from a few people at this website. Do some light research and customise your withdrawal tyo suit yourself.

I would like to Thank Colin, T2, TPirog and anypne else who helped me through my withdrawal. This site is a great place to get some moral support and to ask questions along the way.

Deedee  xoxo :yippee:

Congratulations to you Deedee, you have fought hard for this moment and finally you now have your life back. you are an inspiration to everyone that is on the road to recovery.

Merry Christmas and Good Health and happiness to you now and always.

http://animosibil.i.ph/photo/d/122-1/congratulations0an8.jpg

I'm so glad to hear the good news and grateful that you came back to encourage others, deedee.  :smitten:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/beeper0002/BBuddies/Thankssharing.jpg

Hi DeeDee!

Congratulations!! I am so happy to hear that you're benzo free!!  :yippee: :yippee: I got your pm and will pm you back when I get back from vacation. On the road now, so will talk to you soon!!

T2 :smitten:

Hi DeeDee!!!!!

It's so good to hear from you!!!  Congratulations!  It's good to hear you made it to the end and are recovering nicely!

TS  :smitten:

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r119/marnie_020/congratulationspink-1.gif

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r119/marnie_020/Benzo-Freedom-3-2.jpg

Thanks for posting Deedee:

Congratulations :yippee:, it's always encouraging to hear about others progress and success. I can relate to your story and I wish you continued growth and recovery.

A belated congratulations to you, Deedee on being Benzo Free!!

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll139/royle33/Clip%20Art/Words/Congratulations/thcongratulationsCARBMSKW.jpg

Lori :smitten:

Sorry I missed this post DeeDee!

Congrats  :thumbsup: and thanks for the great note- that will help encourage a lot of people.  A great story for sure.

Enjoy your freedom!

Keith

Thanks Kieth. Have been away from the site for a few months, but I remember how much it helped me when I really needed it. So I feel I must visit occasionally to encourage others who need it!

Hang in there. Just read some of your posts and I'm telling you - I have felt the same. I have 2 young teens and a hubby that used to work away a lot. I worried non stop that I wouldnt be able to be there for my kids. That I wouldnt be a good enough mum, wife etc etc etc. I worried about everything!!! I used to log onto this site in complete desperation, searching for the courage to keep cutting down and hoping that I would wake up the next day and be free from side affects, worries panics and so much more. I would often feel jealous that others were progressing faster or off the benzos alltogether. But I know that that was all part of the withdrawal. Ive laughed, cried, prayed, begged and panicked and now that I am starting to heal being benzo free - I can tell you it was worth it.

It's like a blood test, when they tell you that it will be a little prick and wont hurt, but you know thats a load of bull and stiffen your arm, because you know you have to have the test. Thats Benzo withdrawal. You have to put up with the bad times to get to the good. But it will be so worth it.

Keep cutting slowly. I am adding a post to my blog on a method of breating that helped me. My sister in law is a nurse and suffers depression n panic and she told me this technique. Check it out. Hopefully it helps.

Keep on going - I know you will get there!!!

(Debbie)  :) Deedee

Rescue Breathing Technique...

I used this tecnique quite a few times and it still comes in handy!!!!

Close your eyes and breathe right out.

Inhale slowly - counting to ten in your head.

Hold for ten.

Then exhale for ten.

Do this a few times then

inhale for four

hold for four

exhale for four

Try to do this for about ten minutes if you can.

It certainly helps when you get anxiety or panic and if you do this several times you will find that you improve at it.

Hope it comes in handy for those of you that need it.

It is not a quick fix, but it certainly helped me cope through some bad times...

Cheers  Deedee!!!! :thumbsup:

Hi DeeDee,

Congratulations on kicking the benzos.  I did the breathing techniques during my w/d's and it helped immensely.  Thanks for posting.

Patty  xo