Menopause/Hormonal Support

[Di...]

Hi everyone,

I'm brand new to this board. My story is a bit like Warrior24 and I would appreciate any advice.

I'm 41, and 22 months off Klonopin. I've been dizzy for 8 straight months and in a terrible wave the past 6 weeks. Symptoms include insomnia, anxiety, head pressure and electricity, headaches, air hunger, and night sweats. My periods are very regular and my cycle is every 24-26 day days. I just got results that my estradiol is <5.0 and my FSH is 23. I also have Graves Disease since 2017, which is under control. I should also note that my Benzo symptoms are always so much worse around my period—like being back in acute. I'm talking to my doctor Friday but would like to come prepared with info.

Are these hormonal changes a result of withdrawal/recovery or is it actual peri-menopause? Does it matter? Could taking something resolve most of my issues or trigger more symptoms? The past 3.5 years of my tapering/recovery journey have been hell and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed right now by the thought of feeling even worse, or starting a hormone regimen that could last for years. When I was on birth control in my 20s (pre-Benzos), I felt like a monster and had terrible mood swings.

Does anyone have any insights? Thank you so much!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Di...]

• [Sm...]

• [...]

• [va...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

I'm brand new to this board. My story is a bit like Warrior24 and I would appreciate any advice.

I'm 41, and 22 months off Klonopin. I've been dizzy for 8 straight months and in a terrible wave the past 6 weeks. Symptoms include insomnia, anxiety, head pressure and electricity, headaches, air hunger, and night sweats. My periods are very regular and my cycle is every 24-26 day days. I just got results that my estradiol is <5.0 and my FSH is 23. I also have Graves Disease since 2017, which is under control. I should also note that my Benzo symptoms are always so much worse around my period—like being back in acute. I'm talking to my doctor Friday but would like to come prepared with info.

Are these hormonal changes a result of withdrawal/recovery or is it actual peri-menopause? Does it matter? Could taking something resolve most of my issues or trigger more symptoms? The past 3.5 years of my tapering/recovery journey have been hell and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed right now by the thought of feeling even worse, or starting a hormone regimen that could last for years. When I was on birth control in my 20s (pre-Benzos), I felt like a monster and had terrible mood swings.

Does anyone have any insights? Thank you so much!

Sounds like we are in the same spot. On my period now and can't get out of bed. Feel like death and so depressed. My periods are every 21-25 days and this one came at 20 and I couldn't even go to work today. I have a naturopath who wants to try hormones but I am scared to death. Sorry you are having a hard time too. Feel free to PM me if you would like.

• 1 month later...

I'm new to the board, so have a bit of catching up to do. My experience with perimenopause, birth control and monthly withdrawal has just started coming together for me.

I'm 40, and peri kicked in HARD in January. It did not let up. Panic attacks, all day sweats, night sweats I had to wake up and change from, constant nausea, weird periods, you name it. I felt like i was dying. Nothing helped.  Actually, it's why I got hooked on benzos! Yay!

I found a gynecologist who believed me (first hurdle), because i am young for this to start. She put me on a combo birth control pill with a high dose of both synthetic estrogen and progesterone. After a couple of months, the sweats stopped and the nausea. No night sweats and sleep improved. As did body aches. Didnt have to pee every 5 seconds either. Her plan was to override my fluctuating rollercoaster hormones entirely and give me a nice flat, constant level.

Except it seems that my body is fighting back. My testosterone has increased to the point where we are treating it to lower it. I also rarely, if ever, stop bleeding. It's not a period or anything like it but its constantly there.

The most obnoxious is that, despite skipping the sugar pills, I get pms every month and during that time I go into benzo withdrawal. My boobs hurt. I bleed slightly heavier. My body aches like I have the flu and severe nausea comes back. Headaches...I mean, you name it. I'm stuck in bed.  It's a pms/withdrawal cocktail!  She says my body is predicting the timing and hormones are breaking through.

I have had hormones tested NOT during the pms windows. The bc pills are suppressing my own as they should. I have yet to figure out what's going on during the pms windows. Guess that's next steps. It can never be simple, can it?

Hello

Progesterone is crossmtolerant with benzodiazepines.

Do you find that the symptoms are worse when you are taking the non-progesterone pills each month?

If so this is because progesterone acts like a benzodiazepine and your gaba receptors are asking for more of the progesterone.

I made the mistake of taking hormone replacement therapy while on Valium, and I bled abnormally.

I went to get my bleeding checked out by a gynaecologist and the gynaecologist is willing to scan me again should the bleeding re commence.

I take oestrogen and progesterone and I take the progesterone daily, because, when I was only taking it for part of the month I found that my mental state decreased on the days I was not taking it.

I recommend you speak to your doctor or a gynaecologist or somebody who knows about the interactions between hormone placement therapy, particularly progesterone and benzodiazepines.

I am sorry to hear that you are suffering this way and hope that you can resolve the issue.

Please keep us informed.

[b1...]

Hi gals,

I am in perimenopause and suffering greatly from seven days before my period to three days after. I am always looking for answers, and I continue to find many. I am also a physician (who was not trained in benzos sadly). Here is what the science says.

First, if you are cycling more often than every 28 days you likely have low or low-normal T3 (active thyroid hormone). This is incredibly common in women over 35. With adequate T3, hormones go back to normal. T3 is also a natural GABA reuptake inhibitor, so without it, you are going to feel more anxious.

Second, progesterone itself is a GABA antagonist. This is important because progesterone cream does not reach the brain in large amounts but when it does, it is an antagonist. It does release estrogen from tissues. Estrogen can be both calming and excitatory, depending on which receptor it hits.

Moving on to progesterone. When naturally produced or supplemented by mouth, it reaches the brain. However, it requires an enzyme called 5 alpha reductase to convert it to the calming neurosteroid allopregnanolone (this is a GABA agonist and always present in your brain, more is better). This hormone as well as the enzyme declines with age and stress, making it harder for us to recover from things like benzos.

So, during your menstrual cycle, when progesterone rises, if it is not adequately converted to allopregnanolone, you will get severe symptoms as progesterone is antagonizing GABA and there isn't enough allopregnanolone to oppose it (PMDD). If it is converted and you get allopregnanolone to rise (which you will to some extent no matter what), then when you are a few days from your period and this neurosteroid declines, you will experience withdrawal from it (PMS).

Once you are about 3 days into your period, hormones usually rise to normal and you feel better. If you are on birth control pills, you do not get the fluctuations, which is nice, but you do get a steady decline in allopregnanolone, which isn't so nice.

So, the first step in all this is eduction. These are your hormones, and this is how they act. Now what do we do?

I am still working on this part, to see if I can make my life better. Supplementing oral micronized bioidentical progesterone only helps if my 5 alpha reductase enzyme is working well, and mine doesn't seem to be. So I am working on increasing it. So far, glycine, taurine and DHEA may help as well as pregnenolone. Taking T3 has normalized my cycles at least from 21 to 28 days.

I am trying these above out and will check back next cycle.

Until then, trying to survive this insane period wave. Feel like I'm losing my mind! Best to everyone!

Hi gals,

I am in perimenopause and suffering greatly from seven days before my period to three days after. I am always looking for answers, and I continue to find many. I am also a physician (who was not trained in benzos sadly). Here is what the science says.

First, if you are cycling more often than every 28 days you likely have low or low-normal T3 (active thyroid hormone). This is incredibly common in women over 35. With adequate T3, hormones go back to normal. T3 is also a natural GABA reuptake inhibitor, so without it, you are going to feel more anxious.

Second, progesterone itself is a GABA antagonist. This is important because progesterone cream does not reach the brain in large amounts but when it does, it is an antagonist. It does release estrogen from tissues. Estrogen can be both calming and excitatory, depending on which receptor it hits.

Moving on to progesterone. When naturally produced or supplemented by mouth, it reaches the brain. However, it requires an enzyme called 5 alpha reductase to convert it to the calming neurosteroid allopregnanolone (this is a GABA agonist and always present in your brain, more is better). This hormone as well as the enzyme declines with age and stress, making it harder for us to recover from things like benzos.

So, during your menstrual cycle, when progesterone rises, if it is not adequately converted to allopregnanolone, you will get severe symptoms as progesterone is antagonizing GABA and there isn't enough allopregnanolone to oppose it (PMDD). If it is converted and you get allopregnanolone to rise (which you will to some extent no matter what), then when you are a few days from your period and this neurosteroid declines, you will experience withdrawal from it (PMS).

Once you are about 3 days into your period, hormones usually rise to normal and you feel better. If you are on birth control pills, you do not get the fluctuations, which is nice, but you do get a steady decline in allopregnanolone, which isn't so nice.

So, the first step in all this is eduction. These are your hormones, and this is how they act. Now what do we do?

I am still working on this part, to see if I can make my life better. Supplementing oral micronized bioidentical progesterone only helps if my 5 alpha reductase enzyme is working well, and mine doesn't seem to be. So I am working on increasing it. So far, glycine, taurine and DHEA may help as well as pregnenolone. Taking T3 has normalized my cycles at least from 21 to 28 days.

I am trying these above out and will check back next cycle.

Until then, trying to survive this insane period wave. Feel like I'm losing my mind! Best to everyone!

As I am not a physician I do not feel qualified to answer your post so I have just come on to wish you well.

I made a post on progesterone.

I take it aurally and the channelling and I want to come off.

I’m taping of Valium.

I want to come off my oestrogen gel.

Most importantly I want to come off my progesterone which is natural in the form of capsules, as cream is not available in the UK and a horror stories I have heard on here have really frightened me.

I just want to be free of all pharmaceuticals never to go on them again.

[b1...]
Journey, there are many horror stories about almost anything. This is why I like to make decisions based on science. Bio-identical hormones can be a great healer when used properly, but hormones whether external or internal, can become imbalanced as well. Best of luck to you.

[8e...]

I'm traumatized by my period, just plain traumatized, I live in fear when I'm going to get it.

I get the most excruciating headaches a few days before and a few days in.

I mean that they are so bad, I scream for hours, sometimes I want to go to the hospital, as I fear I've had a stroke, but I don't as the new variant is rampant here in my area, so I stay home and suffer!

Keep letting us know how you're doing Fluffer!

Winnie

Journey, there are many horror stories about almost anything. This is why I like to make decisions based on science. Bio-identical hormones can be a great healer when used properly, but hormones whether external or internal, can become imbalanced as well. Best of luck to you.

Thank you for your reply.

I made a friend on benzo buddies. She is no longer here as in a member.

She was on 13 mg of progesterone cream, she tapered to 11 mg and she’s became incapacitated.

I asked her why she just didn’t stay on it.

She told me she was starting to become tolerant to it and was experiencing withdrawals in the same way as benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms.

This is why I want to come off the progesterone.

I want to avoid tolerance withdrawal to progesterone.

Lots of women on here are tapering progesterone, however they have the cream and it is easy with the cream, being in the UK I  only have the capsules and it is impossible to taper from them. The cream is not available on the NHS.

I just want to be pharmaceutical free.

[b1...]

Oh WinnieDog, I feel your pain quite literally! I have a wave starting on day 21 and lasting 10 days every stupid cycle! I am on day 9 now, and I feel like I cannot go on. Mental torture beyond belief.

I know that people think I am ridiculous for always looking for answers and ways to ease the suffering a little, but I just can't help it. I have been studying hormones a lot, curious about the whole progesterone thing. Those menstruating obviously make a lot of it for around 2 weeks every month, and have to suffer tolerance and withdrawals. I had smooth cycles and never a problem before now, so I know my brain can find its way back.

I wondered how I could flare at the peak of my progesterone cycle. Progesterone makes allopregnanolone, which is a healing, calming neurosteroid. I should be happiest at this point.

Well, as it turns out, progesterone is a GABA antagonist before conversion! Ack! It is converted by 5-alpha reductase and a second enzyme to allopregnanolone. With age and stress, these enzymes go down. Lot's of things can make them slower too, including some foods and supplements. So, if this system is slow, you get a progesterone build up without getting the allopregnanolone. Getting high body temps during the luteal phase is a clue. Mine are really, really high.

Speeding up this enzyme is harder. Glycine can do it (found in collagen - natural way is bone broth or gelatin), and sorghum. Anyway, I am not sure I can change it, but at least I understand why. Prozac, Zoloft, and Celexa increase the second enzyme, but SSRIs make me crazy. Theoretically, a tiny dose should work. Still, I'm too scared...

Then, during the last 3 days, you begin withdrawing. In theory, progesterone in small doses for those three days can help, but only if you can convert it! If not, well, it's a not-so-fun withdrawal lasting 3-6 days (if you are lucky).

As for progesterone cream, I think it's nasty. It accumulates in tissues and releases estrogen from cells. It never gets turned into allopregnenolone but can cause some GABA problems. Some people found it the key to their healing while others find it a nightmare.

Journey, can you release the contents of the capsule into smaller capsules? That is what I do with mine.

I continue to research, if only to understand. Hope someone finds this interesting. Hoping I survive this wave. Feeling defeated, like giving up these days. I don't know how to go on.

Oh WinnieDog, I feel your pain quite literally! I have a wave starting on day 21 and lasting 10 days every stupid cycle! I am on day 9 now, and I feel like I cannot go on. Mental torture beyond belief.

I know that people think I am ridiculous for always looking for answers and ways to ease the suffering a little, but I just can't help it. I have been studying hormones a lot, curious about the whole progesterone thing. Those menstruating obviously make a lot of it for around 2 weeks every month, and have to suffer tolerance and withdrawals. I had smooth cycles and never a problem before now, so I know my brain can find its way back.

I wondered how I could flare at the peak of my progesterone cycle. Progesterone makes allopregnanolone, which is a healing, calming neurosteroid. I should be happiest at this point.

Well, as it turns out, progesterone is a GABA antagonist before conversion! Ack! It is converted by 5-alpha reductase and a second enzyme to allopregnanolone. With age and stress, these enzymes go down. Lot's of things can make them slower too, including some foods and supplements. So, if this system is slow, you get a progesterone build up without getting the allopregnanolone. Getting high body temps during the luteal phase is a clue. Mine are really, really high.

Speeding up this enzyme is harder. Glycine can do it (found in collagen - natural way is bone broth or gelatin), and sorghum. Anyway, I am not sure I can change it, but at least I understand why. Prozac, Zoloft, and Celexa increase the second enzyme, but SSRIs make me crazy. Theoretically, a tiny dose should work. Still, I'm too scared...

Then, during the last 3 days, you begin withdrawing. In theory, progesterone in small doses for those three days can help, but only if you can convert it! If not, well, it's a not-so-fun withdrawal lasting 3-6 days (if you are lucky).

As for progesterone cream, I think it's nasty. It accumulates in tissues and releases estrogen from cells. It never gets turned into allopregnenolone but can cause some GABA problems. Some people found it the key to their healing while others find it a nightmare.

Journey, can you release the contents of the capsule into smaller capsules? That is what I do with mine.

I continue to research, if only to understand. Hope someone finds this interesting. Hoping I survive this wave. Feeling defeated, like giving up these days. I don't know how to go on.

I am sorry you are suffering so badly.

I don’t think you are ridiculous I think you are looking for answers.

Thank you for the suggestion regarding the capsules unfortunately I cannot do this. There are white capsules filled with white fluid.

• 1 month later...

Re: Menstrual Support Group

« Reply #1756 on: April 25, 2021, 03:12:19 am »

QuoteModifyRemove

Hi- Has anyone lost their period during the taper? I have been taper 29 months very slowly down to 2.75mg now. Over a year ago around the 6mg mark I lost my period never to return. I was doing a set daily micro taper where I pull the same amount out and discard everyday. I noticed my % was really creeping up to 9% so six week ago I slowed to 6%. I thought slowing would help with symptoms but it seems my body really isn’t reacting well to the change after doing the same thing for a few years. About four weeks into the slower rate I started getting pms symptoms and took it as a good thing but my period never came and now I am left with more hormonal, mood, physical pain, vibration head pain than ever before.  Lots of crying which I never really do. Before this was my mood was pretty good just had physical symptoms and extreme fatigue. Now I feel an underlying rage where I am going to freak out and pull my hair off my head at any given moment. Seems hormonal, has this happened to anyone.

QuoteModifyRemove

Hi- Has anyone lost their period during the taper? I have been taper 29 months very slowly down to 2.75mg now. Over a year ago around the 6mg mark I lost my period never to return. I was doing a set daily micro taper where I pull the same amount out and discard everyday. I noticed my % was really creeping up to 9% so six week ago I slowed to 6%. I thought slowing would help with symptoms but it seems my body really isn’t reacting well to the change after doing the same thing for a few years. About four weeks into the slower rate I started getting pms symptoms and took it as a good thing but my period never came and now I am left with more hormonal, mood, physical pain, vibration head pain than ever before.  Lots of crying which I never really do. Before this was my mood was pretty good just had physical symptoms and extreme fatigue. Now I feel an underlying rage where I am going to freak out and pull my hair off my head at any given moment. Seems hormonal, has this happened to anyone.

Benzos affect a lot of things, including hormones.

I am on hrt and nearly 55 years of age, I have had a few episodes of abnormal vaginal bleeding and this lead to scans and an exploratory operation to rule out cancer. I am awaiting another scan.

I am sure its the benzo as the bleeds lessen in severity as my dose gets lower.

I am no expert though.

I would advise you to see your doctor, not to scare you, just so you have a professional opinion. I put it off and I needn't have worried as I did not have womb cancer.

Good luck with your taper.

QuoteModifyRemove

I am on hrt and nearly 55 years of age, I have had a few episodes of abnormal vaginal bleeding and this lead to scans and an exploratory operation to rule out cancer. I am awaiting another scan.

I am no expert though.

I would advise you to see your doctor, not to scare you, just so you have a professional opinion. I put it off and I needn't have worried as I did not have womb cancer.

Thank you!

QuoteModifyRemove

I am no expert though.

Thank you!

You're welcome

[b1...]

journey, I was just thinking about you and the hrt. Are you still planning to get off progesterone?

I know you said you have liquid capsules. I was wondering if you could empty the capsule into another liquid like olive oil (for example - 10ml olive oil with one capsule) then taper it slowly using a liquid syringe) similar to liquid benzo tapering but with oil (since progesterone is usually in oil). Just a thought. I hope you are doing well.

journey, I was just thinking about you and the hrt. Are you still planning to get off progesterone?

I know you said you have liquid capsules. I was wondering if you could empty the capsule into another liquid like olive oil (for example - 10ml olive oil with one capsule) then taper it slowly using a liquid syringe) similar to liquid benzo tapering but with oil (since progesterone is usually in oil). Just a thought. I hope you are doing well.

Yes, I am, once I get off the valium.

Thank you for the olive oil and capsules idea. If I could do it that way it would be good,

I wouldn't know how to get all of the white fluid out of the capsules, I opened one, that is how I know it is filled with white fluid. I'd have to get all of the fluid out of the capsule.

Also, I am not sure how I would dissolve the outer "case" for want of a better word.

I dissolved my valium pill in milk, but I am not sure how that outer "case" would dissolve. It would be nice to think it would dissolve in olive oil, that would make life easier, I am not sure if it would though.

Thank you for thinking about me, it is lovely to know someone is thinking of me.

:smitten:

I am on liquid filled capsules though, so I don't know, right now, how I am going to do it, as NHS England do not prescribe the cream, which is not licensed here in the UK.

[b1...]

That does sound challenging. Most capsules are some sort of gelatin, so should dissolve over time in water. I am wondering about some sort of emulsion for you. Typical emulsions are things like mayonnaise (I know - kind of weird and maybe gross).

The problem that you will run into with stopping progesterone is two-fold. First, progesterone is currently contributing to your neurosteroid production. This is part of your natural GABAergic system. When you lower it, you might feel a bit worse. Second, is withdrawal. This is usually a five day process of some misery, but with benzo injury this is less certain. Hence the need for slow tapering. Cream wouldn't help because it won't contribute to neurosteroid production, not that it matters since you can't get it.

Flumazenil would help with this, but I am not sure you can get oral or topical formulations in England.

Anyway, just know I am thinking of you!

That does sound challenging. Most capsules are some sort of gelatin, so should dissolve over time in water. I am wondering about some sort of emulsion for you. Typical emulsions are things like mayonnaise (I know - kind of weird and maybe gross).

The problem that you will run into with stopping progesterone is two-fold. First, progesterone is currently contributing to your neurosteroid production. This is part of your natural GABAergic system. When you lower it, you might feel a bit worse. Second, is withdrawal. This is usually a five day process of some misery, but with benzo injury this is less certain. Hence the need for slow tapering. Cream wouldn't help because it won't contribute to neurosteroid production, not that it matters since you can't get it.

Flumazenil would help with this, but I am not sure you can get oral or topical formulations in England.

Anyway, just know I am thinking of you!

I'd like to successfully navigate the challenge.

I won't lie, I have been having the pants scared off me by experiences on here with progesterone.

Water might dissolve them but it wont dissolve the gunk inside, I will have to find a way around this.

I'm a vegan so that complicates things.

While I know that some ladies have had problems with GABA, alloprega-whatsit, I hope that not all do.

Neurosteroid is a scary word I will have to rise up against and keep myself safe while coming off, somehow in the future.

Worrying about it now has caused fear of death 200mg progesterone big dose.

Five days doesn't sound so bad, so long as the misery means I can still function.

I can't get flumazenil in England, that would put me in a state of withdrawal.

Maybe I can go on a progesterone pill which I can titrate by dissolving?

Something to think of in the future, it makes me sh1t my pants to think of it right now, like a massive  cold turkey equivalent, so, right now, I must concentrate on getting off the valium then worry about the Proggy when the time comes.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd appreciate any insights or feedback on this—

I'm 42 and 25 months off Klonopin. During the past couple years of tapering/withdrawal, my cycles have been getting a bit shorter (24-27 days on average) and my PMS is horrible, plus my recovery symptoms intensify during this time, especially insomnia, fogginess, and electricity. I feel mostly recovered the rest of the month. I saw a hormonal specialist today who says I'm perimenopausal and prescribed Vivelle Dot 0.05mg estrogen patches to wear during my period (no progesterone). I'm open to trying since the insomnia for 1-2 weeks around my period is a nightmare, but of course I'm nervous about it since my body is still so sensitive. Has anyone used this patch or have any thoughts about taking estrogen during recovery? Could this *just* be recovery and not a hormonal issue, and I shouldn't rush to try the patch? Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
[b1...]
Hi WarriorSpirit, have you had your hormone levels checked during the luteal phase (days 19-21 are best)? Perimenopausal women are often high in estrogen (I am perimenopausal and older than you - my estrogen is quite high during the luteal phase). It is supposed to be low during menstruation, so adding estrogen might be problematic at that time. You can also join us on the menstrual support group :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Warriorspirit and others: estrogen without progesterone is a recipe for uterine cancer. It happened to me. I had a hysterectomy and recovered, but you don't want to take that chance. Look it up. It is well documented that you should not take estrogen without progesterone.

[b1...]

MirandaJane, this is a great point - you are absolutely correct, it is a risk.

Progesterone is tricky due to the ups and downs of neurosteroids when using it. It may be ok with an extended release oral formula. My brain unfortunately hates it.

Question about Estrogen and Benzos

Hi friends. I have a question about estrogen and valium. I am 61 and recently developed bladder pain. My doctors think i have developed Interstitital Cystitis. Until recently i have been taking estrogen (vagifem) which i started before my taper off Valium. Unfortunately, I recently realized the vagifem pill was not dissolving because my vagina is so dry. I have vaginal atrophy. My doctor put me on compounded estrogen instead and the bladder issues went away within a few days. The problem is my withdrawals symptoms became severe during this period. I am on hold right now so the estrogen is the only explanation for the sudden withdrawal symptoms. I've also read that estrogen can do this.

Has anyone gone through this? I am very scared that my hormonal symptoms are going to get worse and worse. I've ended up in the hospital for these UTI like symptoms in the past and I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy. It's going to take me a few years to get off of Valium and I fear what will happen to me hormonally. It seems so many medications interfere with benzos.

Thank you so much for listening. I would love to know if any of you have experienced this and if so, did you eventually adjust to the estrogen and stop having withdrawal symptoms?

• 2 months later...
[4a...]
My naturopath rx’ed me progesterone.  I’m terrified take it.  Anyone have experience with it? Thought about buying wild yam cream instead. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had a horrible time with progesterone, but i was in acute when I took it, and shouldn't have taken anything during that time. It gave me suicidal thoughts. When I stopped taking progesterone, the thoughts went away, so it was pretty powerful and overwhelmed my system. I talked to my gyno the other day and she said it wasn't a normal thing to prescribe progesterone all by itself. I'm not sure if other people take it by itself here?

I am several years post-menopausal and am suffering from vaginal atrophy now, but I am too sensitive to chemicals, hormones, supplements, etc, to take anything, so she told me about a product called Revaree, which is a hyaluronic insert to combat dryness. It is out for delivery today, so I will try it soon. (I can report results if anyone is curious).

Not sure if anyone else has this problem with dryness and chemical sensitivity?