I have healed.

[ha...]

Was wonderful to read your success story. I would have never read if you hadn't came back. Thank you for giving me another ray of hope. Great inspiration!  Wishing lots of joy, peace and love for your life.    :-*

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ha...]

• [An...]

• [...]

• [pi...]

Hi Angelprint,

I just came to visit BenzoBuddies. Haven't been here for a long time but for some reason, I was wondering how people were doing. I hope you are doing better than you were last summer. I am 3 1/2 years out and still well. Sleep is sometimes an issue, but I use audiobooks at night, and I always asleep before the 30 minute sleep timer works. Hang in there. It is a hard road, but if you are off, that is the best part. It will give your brain time to heal.

Hanna

Hi Hanna, I'm about to reach 18 months out, and still suffering badly, feeling nowhere near healed. In fact this past month has felt like my worst yet, but I have had no patterns to point to except feeling worse and worse and the constant rotating neverending symptoms. I pray constantly for a miracle, to be free of the damage to my brain and body. I take nothing now but my liver medicine, ursodiol for cholestasis which I have had ever since getting pregnant with my son in 2013. I did try and take vitamin d3 and calcium/magnesium/zinc supplements due to very low vitamin d level and low calcium level. But it kicked up worse withdrawal and added tremors which I had not suffered since my cold turkey experience (I was in cold turkey for one week before reinstating to taper which took about two months). So here I am, almost 18 months and still feeling permanently stuck and damaged and terrified. Thank you so much for checking on me. I am so grateful for your support and so glad to hear from you 💗

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Rebecca,

Doing just fine. No problems, other than the hiccups in life that everyone has because we are alive. I hope you do well on your journey.  Hanna

Hi Rebecca,

Doing just fine. No problems, other than the hiccups in life that everyone has because we are alive. I hope you do well on your journey.  Hanna

Perfect timing for this story. I've been tapering a long time and am officially at 1 mg of diazepam down from 40 mgs as of this morning. Knowing you jumped at 1 mg makes me feel like I'm standing very close to the finish line. I may dry micro-taper all the way to 0, or if I'm up to it I'll drop a little earlier.

I'm grateful for the success stories. When I was asked by a friend "How come there are so many sad stories out there about benzos?" I replied "Because most of those who have healed have gone back to doing what they were doing before benzos.". This is why your story is so important to those still in the depths of this journey. Thank you!

• Popular Now

• [Lo...]