Stench in the pits anyone?

[Re...]

Sorry for this post, but...I stink. I never used to stink. As a matter of fact; I never had to wear deodorant. And I really didn't sweat much either.

But nowwww, my pits smell like cat urine soaked into a wet rag laying out to dry on a summer day on a dirty sidewalk in Philadelphia. They are constantly damp, even in my pajama t-shirt and shorts uniform in cool weather.

I am SURE this is withdrawal.

Does anyone know WHY this happens?

Another assault on my senses, thanks to prescription drugs.

Honestly, I wouldn't think twice about this if I didn't have dozens of other physical things that are FAR WORSE. However, stinking, on top of everything else, is like the crappy icing on a s**t cake.

It would be lovely not to have to deal with ANOTHER symptom. JUST LOVELY.

If you stank, how long did it last buddies?

Hi Rebecca, yes I stink, too!  My stink in my armpits reminds me more of onions that have gone bad!  We are not alone with this particular weird symptom, as there are plenty of buddies that report the same thing!  It seems that no matter how good we are with our personal hygiene the smells still emit from many parts of the body.  I definitely notice the under the armpit smell when I am in a wave, and when I am lucky enough to be in a window, there is no odor at all.  One buddy said it is the toxins stored in our bodies releasing, which is a good thing!

Happy Healing!!!

P.S.  Mine comes and goes still at 39 months!!!

GG

my pits smell like cat urine soaked into a wet rag laying out to dry on a summer day on a dirty sidewalk in Philadelphia
  :laugh: :laugh:

That made me chuckle  :laugh:

I've noticed myself smelling more too, never needed deodorant myself either.  Hopefully it's just a phase

I had this bizarre withdrawal symptom too. I smelled horrible no matter how often I bathed.  It faded away after a couple of months.

[5a...]

I have this.

I don’t sweat at all and it came back under my arms when I finished the Ativan and now it’s a gross ammonia smell.

I could bathe everyday and it always comes back, especially after I’ve spoken in a situation.

Seems related to cortisol? If I didn’t have a stressful situation, it doesn’t happen.

I’ve heard of lots of people who have this.

Crazy

Winnie

Yes yes. I jumped on Jan 4 th. And noticed this same thing in the past 2 weeks .  I even bought 3 different brands of deodorant.  I just stuck to my usual but I have to apply it more often . I still sweat at night sometimes too 🤷‍♀️  at this point anything goes I guess 🤷‍♀️. It really hard going Thu all this when u don’t know what to expect  :D