3 months Clonazepam use WD

[Pa...]

Hi everyone, hoping u guys can help me shed some light on my situation; been using clonazepam for 3 months, 2-3 days per week (tue-thursdays usually) dosages ranging from 0.5mg and 1mg( never more than 1 dose a day) i was planning to get off sooner but since i didnt experience wd symptoms during my off days i thought i was fine pushing it a bit longer), its now been 15 days since my last 1mg dose i quit cold turkey, probly shouldnt have, and experienced some pretty bad wd, i couldnt sleep at all day 4 off it and have had pretty bad insonmia since this.. anxiety aswell but it is managable, sharp sudden pains in fingers and toes, mood swings. Now on day 15 i feel fine during the day whats bad is the insmonia is still lingering, takes me 3 hours to fall asleep, and during the tossing and turning i keep having sudden twitches that prevent me from falling asleep, when should my sleep start improving and when will the twitches fade? Also would using cannabis as sleep aid hinder recovery? Thanks in advance, my heart goes out to anyone suffering wd, i only touches my toes into it and its pretty bad..

Hi Panda1998 :hug:  Welcome to benzobuddies

We are glad you joined. Cold turkey is never a good idea with benzodiazepines.  Congratulations on 15 days off.  Insomnia and Anxiety are the most common withdrawal symptom.  Benzo withdrawal symptoms are very unpleasant, but they are temporary.  I am sure with more time time you will start to feel better.  Try to find ways that distract you from the withdrawal effects.  We have a great community here, our members are a caring friendly bunch and will help you all they can. You will receive a lot of support here coming from people who know exactly what you are going through.

Check out The Ashton Manual,  It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body, It also has a list of common symptoms 

Here are a few links to resources:

The Ashton Manual.   

Cold Turkey, Detox& Rapid Withdrawal

We have dedicated boards dealing with Anxiety and Insomnia issues, you can connect with others who can offer some ideas and help.

Anxiety     

Insomnia 

If you care to post a signature, it will help members to know were you are with your meds, so they can better support you.  Please go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome Aboard

Magrita

Hi everyone, hoping u guys can help me shed some light on my situation; been using clonazepam for 3 months, 2-3 days per week (tue-thursdays usually) dosages ranging from 0.5mg and 1mg( never more than 1 dose a day) i was planning to get off sooner but since i didnt experience wd symptoms during my off days i thought i was fine pushing it a bit longer), its now been 15 days since my last 1mg dose i quit cold turkey, probly shouldnt have, and experienced some pretty bad wd, i couldnt sleep at all day 4 off it and have had pretty bad insonmia since this.. anxiety aswell but it is managable, sharp sudden pains in fingers and toes, mood swings. Now on day 15 i feel fine during the day whats bad is the insmonia is still lingering, takes me 3 hours to fall asleep, and during the tossing and turning i keep having sudden twitches that prevent me from falling asleep, when should my sleep start improving and when will the twitches fade? Also would using cannabis as sleep aid hinder recovery? Thanks in advance, my heart goes out to anyone suffering wd, i only touches my toes into it and its pretty bad..

Some people get lucky with cannabis and some have a really hard time.  I tried CBD gummies about a month into my withdrawal and had a terrible reaction.  My symptoms went through the roof until it wore off. 

Sounds like it might be worth continuing. Many people who don't have terrible withdrawal from these drugs do experience a couple weeks of insomnia and/or anxiety. It sounds like you may get off without getting hit with the worst of it. You may be one of the blessed souls in that group who can get off easier. Let us know how things progress, Panda. Wishing you the best.

Thanks for the quick replies. Forgot to mention have had a dry cough, excess saliva and swollen lymph nodes, the cough has improved. When will these muscle twitches begin to improve as they are fueling anxiety about a seizure aswell.. also these muscle twitches are only happen when trying to sleep.. thanks again guys hope all is well.

Thanks for the quick replies. Forgot to mention have had a dry cough, excess saliva and swollen lymph nodes, the cough has improved. When will these muscle twitches begin to improve as they are fueling anxiety about a seizure aswell.. also these muscle twitches are only happen when trying to sleep.. thanks again guys hope all is well.

You would have had a seizure by now.  At 15 days off I'm pretty sure you are in the clear. 

According to the Ashton manual:

Motor symptoms: muscle pain, weakness, painful cramps, tremor, jerks, spasms, shaking attacks - Gradually receding but may last at least a year and occasionally several years.

I'm 3 months out and have twitches regularly when symptoms are strong. 

If you update your signature with your history including meds taken, dosage taken, when taken, how you tapered, when your taper began and ended, then other members will be able to understand your situation and give feedback accordingly. 

J