Acute after 90 days

[jo...]

I was cruising along starting to feel a little better when suddenly I'm back in acute.  Stressful news brought about this wave.  Zero sleep last night.  Skin issues and all the usual head symptoms.  Even started to pace a bit.  This feeling is awful. At least I have some compassionate family members in the same town.  I feel like a drag telling them about what I'm struggling with.  Lucky to have them.

I am going into month 11 and am feeling a lot better.  Stress sends me into a wave though.  You just have to wait it out.  You are so lucky to have supportive people in your life.

I am going into month 11 and am feeling a lot better.  Stress sends me into a wave though.  You just have to wait it out.  You are so lucky to have supportive people in your life.

I built my life around handling stress.  I wonder if I can build back a stress tolerance.  Becoming dysfunctional for days when before I would just shrug it off, is not going to be easy for me.  I am lucky to have my family near by.  They are supportive and not blaming or gaslighting me.  They know me and what I handled throughout my life.  They know I don't make a peep unless it is real. 

You're still really early in the game—awful to say this but true. The good news is that while recovery is a spiral (sometimes you go forwards and sometimes it feels like backwards) it's always upwards.

I'm feeling it for you; awful, awful days that don't make sense. You'll get past this and someday be able to shrug these stressful things off again. Having good peeps in your family is worth its weight in gold! I've always felt better just being with family I love. It's still work, but work with a payoff. I feel a bit better for DAYS afterwards. I hope you do too!!

Thank you hchc.  Tonight a rough one for me.  Restless, agitated, ear pressure, irritated skin and all the rest.  Haven't slept in 36 hours and worried tonight will be the same.  It blows my mind that this is a common outcome for people prescribed this stuff.  Just shows how far down the greed and corruption goes.  I've overcome some really rough stuff in my life and prospered, only to be finally taken down by a GP. 

I appreciate your kind words and reminder that this is a tricky and elusive recovery process.