Is this level of extreme fatigue normal?

[AT...]

Hello all. I know I’ve been posting a lot lately but I had a question. Is extreme extreme fatigue normal?  I know people speak of fatigue but for me I’m down to around 500 steps per day average. I can barely lift my arms and legs sometimes they just feel so heavy. Even walking to the bathroom is so difficult I just feel like I’ll collapse. It’s like my body has just become extremely heavy and doesn’t want to move at all. I just lay in bed most of the time unable to do much of anything. Anyone else have this level of fatigue?  Does it get better? 

[11...]

Hi Patrick

I had extreme fatigue when I was in acute withdrawal from c/t and when my reductions were too big. I was pretty much bedridden. I couldn’t even get up to make myself something to eat much of the time. It was brutal. It created a lot of fear because I didn’t know how I was going to survive if I couldn’t take care of myself. In my case, it was a clear sign of having become very destabilised from the c/t and pushing too hard through the taper.

I hope this helps.

Yes, me too! I basically had an intense acute November till February where I couldn't do anything. Also from pain and other symptoms. That turned into being able to shower and eat again. And now getting slightly better and better.

That definitely helps a lot!  Thank you both so much. Glad to know it isn’t just me and that it does get better. I’m switching now from cutting every 1-2 weeks to every 3-4 for the remainder of my taper. I figure everybody here is right. Slow down. Stop trying sooo hard to hurry myself off of them. I’ve made it a long way. I mean, on the Xanax I’m now 65% down from my original dose. I guess I shouldn’t feel bad about slowing down.

My fatigue is not as bad as that, but I do have it and it seems to be cropping up again the lower I go. Some days I just have to hit the couch for a nap midday, trying to stay up to work is such a struggle. I think trying to get outside and do anything, even a short walk, can be beneficial. At my worst, I had to force myself, but it always did help. Good luck and hope you feel better!

hey everyone!

Me too!! it has been a huge symptom coming off of valium. I luckily don't have any issues with insomnia though most of the time because I am so exhausted! I can't open jars or squeeze shampoo bottles which is pretty scary.

Has anyone tried anything to deal with this? I know caffeine is generally to be avoided and for me doesn't help the situation at all. I'm finding it really hard to be able to make it to work or just get through a day. :(