Fatigue, exhaustion, absence of energy

[dj...]

I’m pretty sure the level of fatigue I experience daily is incomprehensible by 99.9999% of the population.  Little rhyme or reason to it.  It’s its own entity.  Just very little life in me.  I think that’s the best description for this.  Zero energy and like the life has just been sucked out of me.  Have to lie down a lot because even sitting up wears me out.  Day after day after day.  I can get around and move by 50% of the time I am an absolute zombie.  And, on the days when it’s bad, moving around more and trying to fight through it just makes it a lot worse.

Who else is with me?

A lot of our symptoms mimic ME/CFS. You learn to pace yourself and live by the spoon theory. It gets bettter. The weakness, the energy, all of it. Just takes time to heal. Rest as much as you can when you can and don’t overdo it when you get a good energy day.

I’m pretty sure the level of fatigue I experience daily is incomprehensible by 99.9999% of the population.  Little rhyme or reason to it.  It’s its own entity.  Just very little life in me.  I think that’s the best description for this.  Zero energy and like the life has just been sucked out of me.  Have to lie down a lot because even sitting up wears me out.  Day after day after day.  I can get around and move by 50% of the time I am an absolute zombie.  And, on the days when it’s bad, moving around more and trying to fight through it just makes it a lot worse.

Who else is with me?

I am with you.  My legs are so weak and heavy and i feel like I'm catatonic.  No zest for life.  I do have brief windows, but they only last  a short time. 

I can hardly rest as my head is spinning and the ringing in my ears is 24/7.  At present, I'm racing with current on the inside of my body yet I feel like I'm made of stone and yet feel floaty/boaty.  Balance is bad and my feet are numb and tingling, hands too.

Pain is here in muscles and joints.

My brain feels like it is floating and moving inside my skull.

I'll be sending you healing thoughts and wishes.  You are not alone.

Who else is with me?

I'm with you! I spend more time on the floor laying down than upright. (That way I can move my legs when I get the jitteriness that won't let me sit.) I looked at your profile and I'm about three months ahead of you. While I don't have my old zest for life to say the least, I'm not as zombified as I was. For a while there I was just exhausted all the time. I had to drag myself up the stairs by holding onto the railing. It's gotten better, although I'm still most comfortable on the floor laying down or on the sofa. I save bed for sleeping only; trying to keep that Pavlovian response clean and clear!

A few weeks ago I started playing pickle ball with my husband again. We were never great players anyway, so it doesn't bother us to play on half a court. Less distance to travel! At first, every time I missed a hit, which was a LOT, I'd follow the ball, dragging my feet, holding on the the chain link fence as I bent to pick up the ball. It's weird, but when the ball is in play something in me goes to automatic so I move faster.  I was a mess after the first time, jazzed up and jittery inside and my face was as red as a radish. The next day I didn't feel great. But for the time I play, for all those minutes, I feel okay; not noticing this feeling or paying attention to that smell or sound that bothers me. So it's worth the pain to put myself in a temporary good place. And it's getting easier to play and I'm less tired. Dunno if there is a correlation or if it's just time that gave me a chance to heal a bit more.

We all need to give ourselves permission to be however we are, that's for sure. It's hard, because none of us are where we thought we'd be or where we want to be. Rest is what your body needs and that's all there is to it. When you've rested enough, your body will know, don't ya think? For me there's just been no way around anything with this recovery. There's only one way forward, and that's through it. It unnerves me when I'm in a bad wave, every time. Anyway I just wanted to say oh yeah, I totally know!!

Me, too.

I will write more when I have the energy...  ha ha, but again, no, I am that tired!

Sheesh.

My sleep is way way off now, too.  At least there is some, tho.

Thanks everyone.  Rest is rarely restful.  I’m not working right now and probably spend 2/3rds of my time on the couch just resting to be able to go to the grocery, take my kids places, make meals, etc.  I took my son to the pool yesterday and am just dying of exhaustion now.  It’s like I need 4 hours of couch time for every 1 hour I’m up and moving. 

This is normal for me though.  However, Memorial Day weekend I had about a 5 day stretch where I didn’t even think about a nap and was up and doing a lot more.  Still spent some of that time on the couch just not to overdo it.  But, it was a lot more normal energy, if not a bit wired.  I bit it hard on Tuesday and actually crashed and fell asleep for a bit three different times that day.

This is just so crazy.  I would probably come here and complain a lot more if I had more energy, but it’s like I don’t even have anything to say because I’m so drained all the time.