Average time to heal post jump

[Ti...]

is there any literature on the average time it takes people post jump to fully heal ?  I remember seeing 1-2 years somewhere but can’t find the article or source.  Any anecdotal evidence people can share ?

Some useful links I found:

Recover time in general: http://www.benzosupport.org/recovery_times.htm

Recovery time by age: http://www.benzosupport.org/recovery_time_by_age.htm

For me I wish I never saw those in the first place. There is certainly no correlation between those and my healing journey. Almost gave me a little bit of false hope at the beginning of this. Don't want to be a negative nelson but it just goes to show everyone's timeline is different.

Oh for sure. The short term young person encouragement clearly does not apply to me at all either. It's frustrating.

Agreed. I feel those type of things (although information which should be useful) can do more harm than good. To those in this process. It can be very discouraging.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm at eight months now post-jump. I get waves and they're always unexpected. No way am I normal, but things have improved a whole lot. Today I went to the shopping mall to pick up an LLBean order. I drove there. Myself. I rarely do that. Then I walked around and considered buying a few things. I even tried some clothes on without feeling weird in the dressing room. I didn't freak out about anything, meaning the music didn't bother me, the people didn't bother me and my thoughts didn't bother me either. The weather was gorgeous today, which helped. Spring smells lovely here. Then I played pickle ball on a sunny court with my husband and another couple.

I still had to lay on the floor sideways and watch TV on my laptop sideways, so I can make nervous jiggle movements with my feet. I still had mildly burning skin and a few moments of higher anxiety, but not much. I'm having more of these days. And I'm an old woman; I'm 70!! 

I've read 1-3 months acute, 4-6 months a bit better, 7-9 months, more healing and you're sensitive to a lot of things. 9-12 months, almost there. But who knows? I've stopped hanging my hat squarely on a certain month. I just know I'm recovering, and you will too. You'll get there! :thumbsup:

That's great to hear. Yes I agree massively. You hear it often that everybody's timeline is different and that is true. I only in the last few weeks have started to notice improvements. I'm 20 months out. But I did CT which didn't help. I just am grateful that we aren't stuck like this forever and me personally am starting to see glimmers of the other side.