An autoimmune connection??

[Ha...]

New research suggests that a subset of patients with psychiatric conditions such as schizophrenia may actually have autoimmune disease that attacks the brain

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wellness/2023/06/01/schizophrenia-autoimmune-lupus-psychiatry/?mibextid=Zxz2cZ&fbclid=IwAR3yeByi2B0N01MFdoO06FZ1xnmYHuxJhUijgfXWsSYXZ6cPuQ6ySSCq6Kc

"Researchers working with the New York state mental health-care system have identified about 200 patients with autoimmune diseases, some institutionalized for years, who may be helped by the discovery.

And scientists around the world, including Germany and Britain, are conducting similar research, finding that underlying autoimmune and inflammatory processes may be more common in patients with a variety of psychiatric syndromes than previously believed."

But hey, let's just drug them and cause more problems

"Patients with chronic neuropsychiatric symptoms who do not respond adequately to traditional psychotropic medications may have an underlying immune-mediated condition triggered by one or more infections as evidenced in this case report."

“There is increasing evidence that IVIg and immunoglobulins are effective in treating autoimmune neuropsychiatric illness although the mechanism of action is uncertain.”

https://aspire.care/featured/case-study-pandas-lyme-ivig/

I know there's been research in autoimmune playing a part in AD WD /PSSD too. I'm not suggesting everyone who takes a psych med will automatically get an automatic response. But I don't think it should be dismissed if you become protected

[f6...]

Yeah, isn’t this story unbelievable!!

I read it yesterday!

Too bad we can’t all be cured by IVIG!

They don’t make it available here in Canada too easily!

""April had undergone many courses of torture— antipsychotics, mood stabilizers and electroconvulsive therapy — all to no avail. "

Yeah, isn’t this story unbelievable!!

I read it yesterday!

Too bad we can’t all be cured by IVIG!

They don’t make it available here in Canada too easily!

Someone on twitter is being treated with it after an AD made her bedridden. Immune system attacked her nervous system. But she's Swedish and sounds like found a good doctor. Her treatment is free also which helps. I think it's pretty expensive. I've asked about autoimmunity as I've lost a clump of hair in the back of my head and just got dismissed. Good old NHS for you

""April had undergone many courses of torture— antipsychotics, mood stabilizers and electroconvulsive therapy — all to no avail. "

Sad isn't it, that the 1st course of action is to torture someone

Sad isn't it, that the 1st course of action is to torture someone

“Treatment resistant” is the general consensus once ECT is introduced. It’s criminal.