Almost 9 months since Xanax CT and 2 months off Gabbapentin. Flare ups

[bl...]

So the last 3 months I was feeling a lot better so I wasn't on there. Anyway quitted Gabby a couple months ago as well.

Anyway, the last week I've been having more flareups. I'm getting the muscle twitches all over my body again, and even some mild weakness in my arm at times.

Is this normal even 8 months after CT to get some flareups? Getting the twitching in my back, torso, arms, legs at times and a little bit of weakness. Not as bad as back in Oct though.

Getting fed up with this!

Also to add the last couple months I sometimes get shortness of breath like I'm out of breath. I notice I can't workout as hard. Can benzo withdraw cause that too?

Our symptoms can leave, come back, morph into others and generally make us miserable for way too long.  Breathing problems are normal too but it sounds like you can exercise, this is good news, some members can’t.

There doesn’t have to be a reason for symptoms to flare but have you added any new supplements or medications, any new stress in your life?

None, I did quit the Gabby about two months ago. I recall Gabapentin also can withdrawal? But if the twitches are all over the body, that's benzo, right? ALS usually doesn't start all over the body and come and go.

I don’t know the specific symptoms of Gabapentin withdrawal but I know a lot of members have had trouble tapering off of it.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=84267.0

Oh my, are you worried about ALS?

I tapered off Gabby, but maybe too quick? I was on it got about 6 months. The neurologist upped my dose. I went to the neurologist because of the chest muscle issue was giving me muscle spasms shooting down my arm. Was also the time I CT Xanax and was having the twitching all over and weakness. I had the EMG test done. Showed nothing at all except in my neck a little of a blip but I always had bit of neck issues for years. Everything was normal on the EMG and nerve conduction study. Gabby isn't good long term. The MRI showed nothing with the muscle. That whole chest issue I had a total of 4 MRIs and two CT scans for it and they keep looking in the wrong areas and drug me up. What lead to my taking xanax. They have cost me thousands in hospital and medical bills.

Not so much worried about MS or ALS like I was last fall. I was going nuts with it. What makes it worse is since they it shows up in my facebook feeds articles relating to it now!

Also, the breathing issues can it be because I've been doing longer and harder workouts on my exercise bike that it's straining my lungs from breathing too hard?

[55...]

Hi bluesfan

Articles are just showing up in your Facebook feed because any web searches you’ve done in the past on these subjects have been tracked in order to target you with similar content.

I think you’re doing very well for 8 months out… waves will continue to come and go until they don’t… but, I think if you asked many other members what to expect at 8 months, they’d tell you it’s still very early on…. considering full recovery for most falls somewhere between 6-18 months.

I’m very glad to hear you’ve improved considerably since those early days…

[55...]

Hi bluesfan

Shortness of breath is a very common withdrawal symptom among members, so I really wouldn’t be overly concerned.

[55...]

Things will continue to improve with time.

8 months really isn’t a long time when it comes to the recovery phases.

Stick in there!

Breathing is a lot better but I'm getting the muscle stiffness in the right forearm once again and it feels tired. This is freaking me out.

So the last 3 months I was feeling a lot better so I wasn't on there. Anyway quitted Gabby a couple months ago as well.

Anyway, the last week I've been having more flareups. I'm getting the muscle twitches all over my body again, and even some mild weakness in my arm at times.

Is this normal even 8 months after CT to get some flareups? Getting the twitching in my back, torso, arms, legs at times and a little bit of weakness. Not as bad as back in Oct though.

Getting fed up with this!

It's probably Gabapentin withdrawal. Maybe mixed with benzo withdrawal.

[55...]

Hi bluesfan

I think Rebecca is right… tapering off another medication whilst still in the midst of your recovery from benzo’s is always going to increase symptoms to some degree…