Anyone gone days with zero sleep?

[le...]

Just wondered how long you can last with no sleep. Up to recently been getting about 3/4 hours. Last couple months had lot of gastric problems, last 2 nights zero sleep been having severe nausea as well. Managed get anti nausea meds finally but making me really constipated. Meant to take stool samples down but hard when you can’t go. Been taking Movicol will hopefully help. This seems never ending, the anxiety was bad enough, but zero sleep really finished me off. Just feel if there is a God, he’s abandoned me😩

[d0...]
6 days with no sleep..once in February and the second time in April. I’m still here but very traumatised.

Oh yes many many nights. You survive somehow. Wish I had never taken this. Sleep was a lot better before.

Supposedly 7 -10 days. I went 8 days 24/7 in acute and made it out alive. The hardest part of not sleeping are the mental sleep deprivation symptoms, and in our case the aggravation of other withdrawal symptoms. 

I like to tell myself all of this suffering is for a reason. There is meaning in it - finding it is the hard part. Hope your sleep improves sooner than later.

Because you are six months off from taking the diazepam, nothing surprises me. I think you’re back in withdrawal from taking the diazepam.  You have been here a long time and out of desperation have taken more benzos. If I was you, I would quit putting meds or alcohol in my system eat hydrate and rest when you can.  It seems as if you are going through withdrawal again in my opinion.

Just wondered how long you can last with no sleep. Up to recently been getting about 3/4 hours. Last couple months had lot of gastric problems, last 2 nights zero sleep been having severe nausea as well. Managed get anti nausea meds finally but making me really constipated. Meant to take stool samples down but hard when you can’t go. Been taking Movicol will hopefully help. This seems never ending, the anxiety was bad enough, but zero sleep really finished me off. Just feel if there is a God, he’s abandoned me😩

Just stay off everything and hang on, Leann! I agree with the others, it's probably a withdrawal again. Try natural remedies for nausea like ginger. Good luck!

It’s not withdrawal I took 2 diazapam 6 months ago would had symptoms before now, not everything is down to withdrawal, didn’t take enough to cause this.Think it’s because had a series of gastric problems, then gastro enteritis last 3 weeks, felt nauseous 24/7 couldn’t lay flat.. Trouble is getting out of the pattern not sleeping, the nausea meds are working great, so hopefully will improve. Never had insomnia as withdrawal symptom really after coming off zopiclone, was the anxiety I suffered with. Think just got run down with things not improving, plus had bad reaction to flu jab, , plus not eating much last couple months lost lot weight. It is reassuring happened to others and went off eventually.

You should definitely contact a benzo wise doctor because there are people who after they are injured by a benzo should not take another benzo (even one )as it does put them into wd.  Our systems are sensitive and even after being off everything for 2-3 years people are reacting just like you have from one dose, a beer, a glass of wine, the wrong antibiotics.  Every doctor including Dr Witt Doerring and every coach will tell you this exact thing.  Stay off benzos don’t drink alcohol and let yourself heal.  This is not some made up nonsense this is what all of us are being told.  You just refuse to listen or be willing to try to do it.  I get it your desperate but its obvious to everyone but you.  We are almost off the original injury the same amount of time, I am almost completely healed.  You have tried, ADs, zoplicone rescue doses, diazepam cbd and drank alcohol….I am not trying to judge you or make you feel bad I am trying to help you see what happened! 

Yes, I spoke to some world leading neuroscientists about this and they say the same. Once off, stay off.

I don’t drink. My point is if was diazapam wouldn’t have taken 6 months to cause insomnia. Plus I didn’t have insomnia coming off zopiclone.  I’m going to do zoom call with a therapist who has experience of people coming off meds. Lot mine is emotional stress from toxic family over several years, not just withdrawal. Stuff never dealt with over the years. Think we’ll just have agree to disagree on this one. There aren’t any benzo wise doctors here anyway. Has reassured me happened to others anyway, and went off for them. Hopefully once gut issues calm down will go off.

You are wrong, you have been complaining for at least 6 months about it getting worse.  Most psycho active meds have the ability for a delayed withdrawal.  Yes it could take 6 months after to show up.  We all have trauma from our past I don’t dwell in it.  Call any benzo wise doc in the states in the UK, or Angie Peacock for a free 15 minute consult they will tell you exactly the same thing.   

• 2 weeks later...

2 days in total. That was horrible. I couldn't do any work and got the lowest marks at my university.

For the first time i had to order translation services https://pickwriters.com/portuguese-translation-services instead of doing it myself.

That turned out to be a good thing actually, as it saved me tons of time in the future, when i was getting ready for my exams.

[bd...]

Leann

I believe you have had COVID correct, what is happening with everyone, not just benzo damaged, is that when they get another illness, who knows the gastro stuff you had could have been COVID again, as that’s how some of the variants are presenting (home tests are notoriously wrong), is that it’s affecting people’s nervous system and a huge part of that is insomnia.

You also had a huge reaction to the flu shot, these are clues etc., you nervous system is a little disregulated, and took a beating.

So I do believe you are correct, this isn’t all withdrawal, it’s everything, everyone’s different.

I have long COVID, I had COVID in March 2020 and LC since, people all over the world are experiencing this, I’ve since had COVID again multiple times and it’s affected me more.

The symptoms of long COVID are very similar to benzo withdrawal because it impacts the nervous system and the entire body.

Also it’s very common for people to seek reassurance, have OCD, lots of psych issues with people in long COVID and they weren’t on a benzo (unfortunately, many are given them).

Please be kind to yourself, you know what this is, I’m reassuring you that you are not alone, many people in the UK like this, I know that’s where you are.

Don’t be distracted or engage with conversations that won’t meet your current needs. Just because others got through COVID ok or vaccines ok, doesn’t mean that you don’t have any lasting effects. You know your body best. You are not complaining, just upset at your situation, which is perfectly valid.

I hear you, I’m sorry you’re suffering, you will get through this!

Hugs,

Winnie

Yes. tolerance and its buddy depression caused me more zero nights sleep than I could count when I was sick with it all.

Leann, I don’t mean to add fuel to the fire, but you did tell me that you have been drinking vodka?!

That is alcohol!!!!

GG

I had many nights (maybe 10?) or more, but I cannot remember now, where I went 3 and sometimes 4 nights in a row with no perceived sleep.  I had about 70 zero nights or nights of no perceived sleep over 9 months or so...maybe 10?  At any rate, it does get better.  It just takes much more time than we'd like it to. 

Good luck.

I had many nights (maybe 10?) or more, but I cannot remember now, where I went 3 and sometimes 4 nights in a row with no perceived sleep.  I had about 70 zero nights or nights of no perceived sleep over 9 months or so...maybe 10?  At any rate, it does get better.  It just takes much more time than we'd like it to. 

Good luck.

I just went through 2 nights of no sleep.  7 hours total in the last 5 days.  I'm seriously unstable now and considering reinstating.

Insomnia sucks, but you are at the point in your WD, where my sleep was the worst.  2 nights in a row isn't good, but you can get past this.  I was averaging 5-10 hours of sleep per week for months.  It slowly gets better.  Please do NOT reinstate or you'll most likely make things worse and your healing and recovery clock will also most likely be "reset."  Every day you've been off is one day closer to crossing the finish line.  If Benzos put you into the condition you're in now, why on earth would you ever consider reinstating?  They are only to be prescribed 2-4 weeks Maximum...not for months or years. 

Everyone going through Benzo WD is unstable to some degree.  Time is the healer.  Just get through each hour and each day.  Relief is definitely in your future.

Insomnia sucks, but you are at the point in your WD, where my sleep was the worst.  2 nights in a row isn't good, but you can get past this.  I was averaging 5-10 hours of sleep per week for months.  It slowly gets better.  Please do NOT reinstate or you'll most likely make things worse and your healing and recovery clock will also most likely be "reset."  Every day you've been off is one day closer to crossing the finish line.  If Benzos put you into the condition you're in now, why on earth would you ever consider reinstating?  They are only to be prescribed 2-4 weeks Maximum...not for months or years. 

Everyone going through Benzo WD is unstable to some degree.  Time is the healer.  Just get through each hour and each day.  Relief is definitely in your future.

Thank you ThEwAy.  There is so much contradictory info on this forum.  It's hard to see the forest for the trees.  The benzo coaches have great videos telling us "we all heal" and then you read the comments section and its a horror show.  Hard to find a ladder rung to cling to. 

• 2 weeks later...

Or not at all only in emergencies. Wrecked by day 5, well within the 2-4 week timeline unfortunately. I have started trying mild hyperbaric oxygen therapy. It hasn't helped with sleep (yet) for me but it had other med damaged people, it does calm me down a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
I have been on 12.5 zolpidem for 4 years.. finally off but was taperd on to 15 mgValium now tapering off the Valium.. also on 125mg Trazadone.  I have not slept a night through in over 6 mo I’m lucky to get 4 hrs straight.. I have gone a few days without sleep at all when I started tapering the zolpidem it’s been horrible. It gave me rebound insomnia.. I found a place in town that is helping me with my taper.  I’m doing the Ashton manual method.  Anyone else take zolpidem and get rebound insomnia?? 

I have been on 12.5 zolpidem for 4 years.. finally off but was taperd on to 15 mgValium now tapering off the Valium.. also on 125mg Trazadone.  I have not slept a night through in over 6 mo I’m lucky to get 4 hrs straight.. I have gone a few days without sleep at all when I started tapering the zolpidem it’s been horrible. It gave me rebound insomnia.. I found a place in town that is helping me with my taper.  I’m doing the Ashton manual method.  Anyone else take zolpidem and get rebound insomnia??

Hello Benzofr Welcome to Benzobuddies!

Well done on tapering off your valium, its great that you have support, you'll get plenty of support here as well.  I am sorry you are dealing with Insomnia, It’s a dreadful symptom. I had Insomnia, mine was from benzodiazepines, its very common in benzo withdrawal.  You will find members on the forum some who are tapering and some have finished tapering from z drugs.

I'll leave you a  link to the taper boards:

Planning Your Withdrawal (TaperPlans)

You might also like to post to these support threads.

Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

Valium Support Group

Magrita :)