Antidepressants cause small fibre neuropathy

[Ha...]

Also a known side effect of anticonvulsants, so commonly prescribed for pain. With this all out war on opioid prescribing and new CDC guidelines, AD’s and AC’s are the first line treatment for pain. Even AP’s are being pushed in hospital settings for acute pain, even in the case of surgeries! It is downright scary. I cannot imagine how many people are going to suffer due to these new policies. Also, pain is being treated as psychosocial, so lots of referrals to psychologists and therapists, and more scripts. File under: How to create a central sensitization cascading nightmare.

Crazy isn't it. AD's only show some benefit in pain management for 25% of people, yet are pushed as a "cure all". I read AD prescriptions have trebled in the last 20 years, causing misery for 1000's of people.

It’s like a hamster wheel that leads to disability. It’s so hard to watch and people don’t want to hear the warnings because they don’t think that could happen to them, meanwhile it’s happening to them. I honestly think a lot of these syndromes are decades of dangerous psychotropics and crap in our food supply, water, etc. We have an inflammation crisis that cascades into chronic illnesses, exacerbated by even more drugs. Ugh.

I was recently offered cymbalta for what my PCP is diagnosing as fibro, although I’m 90% sure it’s the WD.

That's actually what started me on Benzos. Stopped an AD, got stressed in work and went into "WD". But it was all physical and couldn't work out what it was, got a fibro diagnosis and went through every AD and then Benzos. Only when the shit hit the fan and I joined here I realised what had happened. As you say, I'm sure there 1000's of other people in similar situations, getting worse and worse and not knowing why. The doctors certainly aren't going to tell you

Yeah, prozac, verapamil, opioids and migraine meds and "treatments" (hospitalizations of crazy infusions), and a hard switch to lamotrigine and thryroid meds started my panic attacks. So stupid I was back then, I thought it was my job.

What everyone needs is some social support and a sabbatical with some total mind/body healing work. Nature, good healthy food, and learning to regulate our nervous systems. Of course, that would cost a lot and not everyone can just stop life and jaunt off to a healing resort. We all need instant healing to continue life in the rat race, even more so if raising kids.

At least we know now and can just say no to drugs, haha. It's funny how all of the political slogans have double meanings if you look hard enough.

I got sick from cortisone for clogged ears. I should have refused it, I had not that good intuition about it but it didn't made sense to put me on like 3 different meds for minor ear problem. And then the sabbatical and therapy centers were crazy about needing to sleep better and that's how I ended up on the benzo when I actually felt I was doing fine. Stupid. Because dad still trusted that awful doctor that made me sick and didn't take me seriously in the first place. Who takes meds like this when they just quit working to heal with time?? I did. What a wonderful burnout sick leave I've been having...

Well, in a perfect world these centers would be holistic and psychotropic/pharmaceutical aware, and focus on calming down the chronic inflammation response. In my fantasy world anyway.

I got sick from cortisone for clogged ears. I should have refused it, I had not that good intuition about it but it didn't made sense to put me on like 3 different meds for minor ear problem. And then the sabbatical and therapy centers were crazy about needing to sleep better and that's how I ended up on the benzo when I actually felt I was doing fine. Stupid. Because dad still trusted that awful doctor that made me sick and didn't take me seriously in the first place. Who takes meds like this when they just quit working to heal with time?? I did. What a wonderful burnout sick leave I've been having...

It's madness isn't it. Hopefully the truth will start to come out about all these meds. There's more and more people making a noise about them, and we'll see some changes in prescibing. Too late for us, but could save a few people suffering 

Sad though. Should have saved myself. Seriously, I thought going to therapy was a safe space. And a decent therapist would have indeed helped well before I think. Although my friend who knows about this said you were in withdrawal anyway so it wasn't that helpful regardless but still they wouldn't have pushed your sleep when I said I was okay and pushed meds. That's how you can distinguish a decent therapist from a bad one. Too bad I was weird and realized too late and my dad didn't realize at all.

Now he says what he learned is that the cortisone was zt least as bad as the clonazepam. And I say well I agree they both should never have happened and can both cause all the same issues BUT my cortisone withdrawal was mild. I was off the meds and things were improving week by week slowly and I was functional in life and work. My rivotril withdrawal is life ruining and right when I had said okay taking a break from everything for a couple of months. So sad.

this is a good article, several stories, jt's terrible that by showing this to a doctor what you get is total discredit and gaslighting,

crazy how many life's are ruined this way, crazy that you seek help and it's offered another antidepresants or benzos, I'm dealing with extreme neuropathy/nerve damage,

I'm planning to take a drug called mastinib which is in trial for multiple sclerosis and other autoimune mediated conditions, and cancer, not prescibed, trying it myself because until now doctors are being useless, going to doctors it's being a waste of money, worst than wasting because you're handling money to someone who is not interested enough no diagnose, to be gaslighted,

I was placed on this drugs against my will, not once but twice the result was the same, entered in a place "of healing" without anxiety, without depression, without anything else related, feeling fine, sleeping well, due to  problems with my then family members, most of them beside my mom died a year later, prior from dying rendering me a life sentence, for two times I got out suffering from a brain injury and it's symptomalogy, that's how I got dependant on benzodiazepines, 

the first place I got a diagnosis of ADHD, and still they pushed on me two anti-psychotics, olanzapine and as I refused to take I got haldol injections, plus two other drugs, am anticholinergic for the side effects of ingesting a pill that is harming your brain due to its multiple neurotoxic mechanisms

I told the last doctors I saw,

(reumatologist/ pain management) im dealing with an immune mediated issue attacking my peripheral nerves and spine , from an induced encephalitis I sustained due to psychiatric drugs, als/Ms like symptoms,  guess what was suggested for addressing the neuropathy? amytriptiline, -nah doc, don't want this shit, that's not what I need you f..ker, I'm having an inflammatory, immune mediated nerve sclerosis due to this drugs in particular,  can you understand that ?

this is a good article, several stories, jt's terrible that by showing this to a doctor what you get is total discredit and gaslighting,

crazy how many life's are ruined this way, crazy that you seek help and it's offered another antidepresants or benzos, I'm dealing with extreme neuropathy/nerve damage,

I'm planning to take a drug called mastinib which is in trial for multiple sclerosis and other autoimune mediated conditions, and cancer, not prescibed, trying it myself because until now doctors are being useless, going to doctors it's being a waste of money, worst than wasting because you're handling money to someone who is not interested enough no diagnose, to be gaslighted,

I was placed on this drugs against my will, not once but twice the result was the same, entered in a place "of healing" without anxiety, without depression, without anything else related, feeling fine, sleeping well, due to  problems with my then family members, most of them beside my mom died a year later, prior from dying rendering me a life sentence, for two times I got out suffering from a brain injury and it's symptomalogy, that's how I got dependant on benzodiazepines, 

the first place I got a diagnosis of ADHD, and still they pushed on me two anti-psychotics, olanzapine and as I refused to take I got haldol injections, plus two other drugs, am anticholinergic for the side effects of ingesting a pill that is harming your brain due to its multiple neurotoxic mechanisms

I told the last doctors I saw,

(reumatologist/ pain management) im dealing with an immune mediated issue attacking my peripheral nerves and spine , from an induced encephalitis I sustained due to psychiatric drugs, als/Ms like symptoms,  guess what was suggested for addressing the neuropathy? amytriptiline, -nah doc, don't want this shit, that's not what I need you f..ker, I'm having an inflammatory, immune mediated nerve sclerosis due to this drugs in particular,  can you understand that ?

Unfortunately it seems to be their only response in many cases. Drug you so you don't care so much. Absolutely ridiculous