Tapering off 0.25 Xanax

[Ka...]

Hello Everyone,

Thank you in advance for any thoughts or insight that you might have, I know that we are all in this battle together. I am planning to start a titration taper off of 0.25 mg Xanax. I am currently prescribed 1 mg pills and have been dry cutting and weighing to get them as close to the 0.25 as possible. Some days are better than others doing this and it is hard to be accurate so I am ready to switch to titration. I was wondering if anyone had any insight on if I can use the whole pill split into 4 equal doses to get equal the 0.25 doses that I have been taking each morning. Is it able to sit in the fridge for the 4 or 5 days if I were to use the whole 1 mg pill? Any information would be greatly appreciated, I am ready to conquer this once and for all!!

It looks like you’ve already been using dry titration so you’re ready to go to liquid now?  If you’re interested, Xanax (alprazolam) comes in liquid form from the manufacturer.

I didn’t taper but the beauty of tapering using liquid is you don’t have to cut the pills, you can adjust the liquid volume to get your dose. 

Members say they’ll usually make up a few days of the drug but no one has ever had this professionally tested to ensure it doesn’t lose potency in the refrigerator.

I can ask someone to drop by who has experience.