Nystatin powder?

[Ga...]

I just found out I have a yeast infection under my breast and my doctor prescribed Nystatin powder.  Anyone use it and if yes, any problems with it!!!!

Thanks,

GG

Pretty standard. Remember to keep the area dry -- dry very well after showers or baths. Wash your clothes in really hot water and separate from the clothes of others. Use the powder liberally and often. Nystatin can work wonders but will take some time. Also, fungal infections can be hard to get rid of, so continue using the powder for at least a week after you feel it's went away.

Wow, thank you so much for your detailed response!  I will follow your good advice and treat myself accordingly!

Hugs,

GG

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nursing Buddy.  I wanted to run my update by you as you were so helpful regarding the Nystatin powder a week or so ago.  I seemed to be getting rid of the infection after using the powder, but over the last three days I have been itching and burning, and the rash is red and seems to be spreading.  My doctor had me switch to the Nystatin ointment, but I am worse than ever this morning…..almost feels like poison ivy!

I am waiting for my doctor’s office to open at 8 a.m., but thought that in the meantime I would run this by you to get your thoughts.  It appears that I am having a bad reaction to both the powder and the ointment!  I read that can happen.

Thanks,

Hugs,

GG

Hi GG, for some reason won’t let me send you  pm. Thanks fir you concern I won’t bother you again. I did have a lot vodka which probably didn’t help. Just deeded an escape for once from this awful existence not a good idea I know. Yes I have severe depresission from the intrusive thoughts that neve go,  but nothing can be done, I can’t take AD or anti psychotics. They will just throw you in a psych ward labe you with something. I have been through  the whole mental health maze want pump you full meds or tell you meditate .The depression is because unlike others I’m not improving or getting window. The mental provision here is zero not like in USA where you have private care sadly. Perth was only one as bad as me haven’t found anyone else

Hi Nursing Buddy.  I wanted to run my update by you as you were so helpful regarding the Nystatin powder a week or so ago.  I seemed to be getting rid of the infection after using the powder, but over the last three days I have been itching and burning, and the rash is red and seems to be spreading.  My doctor had me switch to the Nystatin ointment, but I am worse than ever this morning…..almost feels like poison ivy!

I am waiting for my doctor’s office to open at 8 a.m., but thought that in the meantime I would run this by you to get your thoughts.  It appears that I am having a bad reaction to both the powder and the ointment!  I read that can happen.

Thanks,

Hugs,

GG

So sorry that I missed this. One would really need to see the rash to know what to switch to, but I'm sure you've already seen the doc. Hope all is well.