Question about quitting Pregabalin/Lyrica

[Ve...]

Hi,

Hope you can help me here.

My psych prescribed me Pregabalin 2 x 75 mg. I already doubted if I should try it but after 1 1/2 week I felt so bad that I decided I wanted to quit this medicine (I'm also still on 0,5 mg Xanax Retard). I could ask my psych but he wanted me to raise the dose instead of quitting and we didn't agree with each other on this point.

At this moment it is 2 weeks ago that I started. I've quit the morning dose last Sunday. Can I already quit with the evening dose, or is better to take it i.e. for a week (as of Sunday) to minimize withdrawal symptoms? Of do you even get withdrawal symptoms from short time usage?

Thanks in advance for your answers

V.

Hi, I don't know whether I can properly answer your question... but first of all in my opinion I think it is a great idea to quit Lyrica it's one -if not probably the worst medication I know on the whole planet!!!!!!!! It's worse than benzos I think, much worse and very very dependency creating!!!!!! Even after short term use!!!!

I took it for 7 weeks only or 6 and1/2 and it didn't help at all instead rather acted paradoxical on me...I was so anxious on it and depressed (I never was before =Side effect) so I quit and I had the worst withdrawal ever that lasted 6 months... much wose than Valium and Klonopin together... maybe I am special in that and not everyone has such a bad Lyrica withdrawal,  so I absolutely don't want to scare you but just tell you I think it is a good decision to quit Lyrica!!! With 2 weeks only you probably won't have the w/d I had

Can you CT?! Hm I wouldn't do that...and  how should you taper?! I would say maybe as long as you took it? So 2 weeks? Or 1 week? Hard to say for me with my personal experience... if you take it much longer I hope no dependency sets in otherwise I wouldn't risk w/d... I think 2 weeks is something like a limit and if taken longer I think the risk of dependency gets greater... but this is sooo individual! I tapered Lyrica longer than I took it and still had a horrible w/d. But I think it makes a big difference whether you took it 7 weeks or just 2. I got hooked on benzos once again because of Lyrica w/d. My doctors told me to take Ativan for Lyrica W/d. They said it would last 3 to 4 weeks... that was not true in my case... and Ativan was paradoxical on me...

Hi,

Thanks for your reply! 

Sounds horrible what you experienced. Hope you are not having any withdrawal symptoms anymore at this time?

Hi,

Not from the Lyrica! But I'm still in acute Klonopin withdrawal just 6 weeks off... but it's much more mild than Lyrica was for me. I even have quite a lot of windows already for that I am still in acute... but today was really bad. A bad wave... the fatigue and cog fog was so bad that I panicked and flue symptoms... the last peak of a bad wave to the likes of that one was 10 days ago... had some window days in between. It seems to be gradually improving. The first 2 weeks in acute it was every day what today was like.

Sorry you had a bad day yesterday, hope it is better today?

I tapered off the morning dose of Xanax retard, still have to taper off the evening dose. I'm wondering if I'm tolerant, I'm having terrible muscle cramps and weird pains everywhere (but I also suffer from severe health anxiety, could also be the cause).

I took my last Lyrica pill thursday evening and my pain was worse today, not sure if it has anything to do with quitting.