Stiff arms dystonia pulling

[Ma...]

I am six months off

I feel stuck in between so weak that I feel almost paralyzed.

My arms I can’t use them cause they are stiffening up very bad.

My hands are fists. My left body feels like falling to the ground and my left arm contracts. My shoulder muscle are so huge from contracting.

My tongue is stiff and spasming. Dystonic reaction on the med and tapering off didn’t help.

still have chemical feeling in my body, s left over from akathasia.

Sometimes it feels like I turn into a statue and I feel like stiff man / stiff person syndrome.

6 months off.

No improvements yet. I hope someone chimes in to tell me they have been there and are healed

What miserable symptoms, have you found anything to help?  Do warm showers or baths help, your muscles are really being affected.

I'm so sorry to hear about these symptoms even after six months. I can imagine the disappointment and despair that comes with that. I have a couple suggestions based on my personal experience.

I want to echo Pamser’s idea around salts; I suggest Epsom salt baths - nightly. This might seem extreme, but I will use half a bag every night before bed (that’s like 5 cups, but it helps me so I spend the money – it also helps me get a little sleep).  It helps me with RLS and the DEEP tissue, muscle and joint pain. The pain isn’t gone completely but it’s reduced quite a bit in conjunction with the next two suggestions.

The other ‘supplement’ I use - is L-Glutamine powder. I will let you research it more if you want to, but it helps with muscle and joint recovery/inflammation. I use ‘Jarrow Formulas’ – powder. I use a tablespoon before bed nightly.

Lastly, this next suggestion has been the most impactful. This change has reduced my overall pain/stiffness/soreness by about 80% or so. Eliminating nightshade vegetables. Nightshades are foods that have a naturally occurring compound/element called ‘solanine’. Nightshades include but are not limited to: Tomatoes, potatoes, bell peppers and eggplant.

Normally when I share this, the response I receive is, “Oh I don’t eat many tomatoes or bell peppers’. The thing is…. Bell pepper flakes however small, are in just about every salad dressing, marinade and so much more. Just the smallest amount of nightshade foods can send my body into a complete pain and stiff frenzy.  It took about 30 days of me strictly eliminating nightshades and after 30 or so days… the pain was almost gone. It takes A-LOT of discipline but it worked for me. Maybe it can help you.

Thanking of you and praying you feel better soon. Keep us posted. 

@[pa...]

No nothing helps

It's really coming from the brain it's not related to the muscles itself

Lack of gaba or doapmime

The neurons aren't working correctly

I have seen some people mentioning it but unfortunately none of them are recovered

Also it seems more of a thing in z drugs

I have spoken to several with z drug damage that have this

Zopicone is bad news, its too much like a benzodiazepine, most members who were on it have a difficult time coming off.  I’m sorry nothing helps.

Could you put your medication history into your signature, that way other members won’t have to ask. Add your history/signature