Benzo Free after 18 Years

[Sn...]

Hello everybody,

I'm back a lot sooner than I thought, but only for a moment. I will come by every once in a while to give an update (http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=278682.0).

I came to to tell that I jumped off 1,7 mg Diazepam.

All the theories I wrote about were true. Holding a dose is the same process as jumping off. Your brain is looking for balance, and does so through waves and windows. Jumping is in fact no other than holding at 0.

My other theory is that exercise speeds up recovery, because it repairs gaba (https://physoc.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.14814/phy2.14107)

A year back I started holding at 1.7 mg Diazepam. It was awful. Terrible head pressure, inner restlessness, extreme ocd, and the usual hell I wrote about. I treated it like I was in post-withdrawal. In July I was 'one month off', in August 'two months off' and so on. After a few months waves were getting intenser, but the windows also better. And about one or two months ago,  the waves were already becoming less, and I was recovering even more.

After a year, I decided it was time too jump. It didn't even feel like a cut. It was just the same day as the day before, and the next day too. The healing just continues. I jumped off 1.7 diazepam without issues. I'm not healed yet, but the progress goes on.

My hip injury, it turns out I didn't need surgery after all. I needed fysiotherapy. Once a week I visit there. That really helped my benzo recovery too. I have group lessons, so I had to learn how to be social again. Being social is important, the brain makes new connections that way. My recovery skyrocketed after talking to people again.

I still train hard every day for my goals (winning running matches to raise awareness), but instead of running twice a day I just run once. As long as I'm injured, my first running training is replaced by cycling. Cycling into quiet nice nature also helps recovery. I also do a lot more weight training for the injury, make the body stronger. I have really made progress, it's getting better with the injury.

My life has been a nightmare since I was 15. Extreme torture because of psychiatric medication. 22 years are gone, but after a long fight things are finally starting to turn around. I hope to keep on healing, and therefore the last 25 mg of Seroquel has to go too ofcourse.

I will be updating every once in a while. I think it's very important that people come back to talk about their experiences so that other people can be helped.

I wish you all the best, and lots of recovery. See you soon 🙂.

I can't edit my messages, but I forget to say is that (in case it wasn't clear) I did most of my healing at 1.7 mg Diazepam. Holding is a not a waste of time. If I would have jumped at 1.7 a year ago, it would have been a terrible hell. I was able to jump at 1.7 mg because my brain had healed so much.

Again, going slow and holding is not a waste of time. I think it's important to let go of milligrams a bit and think more in brain healing.

It’s good to see you again and I’m happy to hear you’re benzo free and that holding helped you get there, I may pass that along.  ;)

I am happy to hear that you are doing better. How did you taper the Seroquel? I have been trying to get off of (now) 28mg and it has been worse than benzo hell.

I am happy to hear that you are doing better. How did you taper the Seroquel? I have been trying to get off of (now) 28mg and it has been worse than benzo hell.

I'm off the Benzo's, but not off the Seroquel yet. Seroquel is 25 mg left.

800 to 100 I just tapered with steps of 50 mg. Pretty easy. 100 to 50 was getting harder. And 50 to 25 I had to microtaper.

I have taperingstrips, and I just made really small daily cuts. I have tablets of 1 mg Seroquel.

If you're having problems I would recommend buying a scale and shave bits off. If the 25 mg tablet is too big too that you can order taperingstrips. They ship abroad. https://www.taperingstrip.nl/

And as mentioned before, during all this psychiatric drug withdrawal I work out everyday. It speeds up my recovery.

I'm off the Benzo's, but not of the Seroquel yet. Seroquel is 25 mg left.

800 to 100 I just tapered with steps of 50 mg. Pretty easy. 100 to 50 was getting harder. And 50 to 25 I had to microtaper.

I have taperingstrips, and I just made really small daily cuts. I have tablets of 1 mg Seroquel.

If you're having problems I would recommend buying a scale and shave bits off. If the 25 mg tablet is too big too that you can order taperingstrips. They ship abroad. https://www.taperingstrip.nl/

And as mentioned before, during all this psychiatric drug withdrawal I work out everyday. It speeds up my recovery.

Wow, you are lucky it was so easy. I have had severe reactions to tapering the Seroquel -- increased Akathisia, acute dystonic reaction, etc. It has been traumatic. I cannot work out I wish I could. I have been too sick. I don't think tapering strips are available in the US. I wish I could be off of this and thriving. Doctors only option at this time is morphine. Terrible situation to be in.

Thanks for the update, SJ! I am also off (4 months now!) We did it! I’ve also found exercise essential and feel fortunate it was already in my repertoire as I think it’s hard to start new things during bz w/d. Keep running and I hope your healing continues!! 💛🌈

I was always curious to see how you would do holding at a small dose.  I think you are right - our brains are searching for balance.

[e1...]

Congratulations, SnelleJelle!

Thank you for sharing your story and observations… much appreciated!

Wishing you all the best in your continued recovery.