Its the same every day.

[Go...]

Every day I wake up hoping things will be better, and every day I feel this depression/anxiety/fear all day, every day.  This cannot be “just” withdrawal.  I’m filled with fear and self-doubt.  Is there a reason to keep trying?

Same, long history depression/anxiety etc. But being in tolerance, it seems can target particular areas of vulnerability. I really have to avoid stress.

Gonzo, are you able to speak to a therapist? Withdrawal does amplify previously felt emotions and so I agree that not everything is withdrawal, but you're in a vulnerable position right now.

Gonzo, you absolutely should continue. There is a better life even if it doesn't seem like it exists right now. As Birdie said, have you spoken to a therapist or even called any hotlines to talk to someone? I know for me in my darkest moments, it was just being able to talk to someone that got me through. I also had thoughts of suicide, but I am so glad I never indulged them because I am in a much better place now, a place I never thought possible. And for me I am also in a better place now than I was BEFORE benzos. Like you and many others here, I started taking benzos for a reason. I never thought I would get to where I am now. I felt so much the same as you -- I thought I was destined to be miserable.

• 4 weeks later...
I feel same recently, lapsed into deep depression due to the intrusive thoughts. Can’t take AD’s as they just hype up the symptoms. Just feel going through the motions, try as I might can’t get rid black cloud hanging over me. I never felt like this on or after coming off zopiclone. It’s the ant depressants  caused this. Big documentary on BBC this week how hard they can be to come off, lot psychiatries admitting it. Just given up on getting my previous life ever back. Have just started with a therapist who knows if she will help?Mental symptoms truly the worst symptoms.