Question

[da...]

Does anybody know why some people can take benzos for 30 years and do not reach end stage tolerance? I have been taken valium for weekends only for 18 months and pretty much i am in tolerance withdrawal, they just stopped working for me. Could it be that my liver might be all clogged up from all these meds I have taken in the past and do not  metabolize them and none gets into my system? I don’t know but it’s very strange. Now I got to go cold turkey because how you taper from a weekend use only benzos especially when I feel much worse when I take them. All in God’s hands now.

I don't think anyone knows the answer to your question, really. It's similar to asking why some people become alcoholics after their first drink while others can have cocktails every night of their adult lives and never have a problem. We don't know why, but we know it happens.

Your signature says you were on klonopin for 8 years and then stopped cold turkey in 2012, but never really recovered. So in October 2021 you started taking valium on weekends, but that stopped working last February. There is a phenomenon called kindling that has been reported, originally among alcoholics, but later among others including benzo users. When kindling happens, each successive cessation and resumption of benzos makes it more difficult to stop the next time. What you describe is not precisely that, but it sounds as if it could be related to that phenomenon, i.e., that you are having problems with valium now because of your prior klonopin use.  It's also possible that your body doesn't handle valium the same way it handled klonopin, though I'm definitely not suggesting that you start taking klonopin again.

You say your rebound anxiety and depression never got better after you stopped taking klonopin in 2012. Did you also stop drinking alcohol ? Were you taking any other drugs during the period between 2012 and 2021 ?

I never drank alcohol and still don’t, in 2020 they have started me on a pain killer. It is a phenomenon.

You are going through interdose WD because you are only taking them at weekends. So essentially withdrawing every week. This is the worst thing you could do due to kindling.