Did using Klonopin make anxiety worse?

[Go...]

Im reading different posts regarding w/d and the time they spent on various benzos. Did using benzos actually increase my anxiety?  I can understand how depression was increased by constantly using a depressant,  but how does and anti-anxiety drug increase anxiety over the course of 21 years? 

Because it stops working and if you take it away or your CNS adjusts to your dose it does the opposite.

I think this is mainly a rebound effect! A Rebound in anxiety (=worse than before) is a typical withdrawal symptom!  But the good thing is... it's only temporary and it WILL go away!!! I am 6 weeks off of Klonopin... I seem to have intermittend Rebounds of/in everything that bothered me in the past... even my mid life crisis that was actually gone came back full force (at times and as well in waves and windows just as other signs of w/d).. and of course the panic attacks

I had anxiety in the car while I was taking the pills.  Couldn't I just ALWAYS have anxiety and NEED the pills?  Is there anyone on here that knows someone that tried to come off, but realized life without the pills was too filled with anxiety and went back on them?  It just makes more sense than this, living day to day with this feeling all day long.  Sorry if I'm rambling!

The fear of "it will not go away" is typical for benzo withdrawal! I had that, too! But don't let your mind or the benzos play tricks on you! It will go away but it takes a lot of time until you get there, you need to be patient! Staying on benzos I think will lead to the same problem sooner or later (=tolerance WD)...

A CT after 20 years was maybe not the best choice... but you have been  benzo free for 5 months! Wow that's quite some time! You must be a strong person... only you can't feel that right now! (=typically benzo withdrawal) so in my personal opinion I would say don't ruin this success or achievement of being 5 months benzo free! Reinstatements often don't work and worsen everything from what I know from me myself and others!