Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Therapy

[ap...]

I have a friend who just finished a 5 or 6 week series of these treatments.

During her every week day treatment she was able to cease 100mg Bedtime Seroquel as well as Paxil, I believe from 60mg to 20mg where she has finished and is waiting to see what goes on the next few weeks along with her Doctor.

She took SQ for sleep as well as part of the Paxil.

To get Medi-cal to cover after one decline her Doctor just had to prove she had/has deep depression not clearing up after at least 4 meds.

She said a side effect was extreme tiredness - which is interesting as i'm curious if this would help with the Klonopin sleep deprivation - or Benzodiazepines in general.

Also- It says it could help with Chronic Pain and I have had three Cervical Spine  surgeries and when PT starts again it comes with a lot of pain-

Klonopin is my biggest issue but ive been on all kinds of Anti-Depression Meds and not totally needing them and Im tapering down Cymbalta from 90- 60 and now 30mg once I start getting zaps!

I'm grateful this has been successful for her to this point after 20 years Paxil=

I will update or answer any questions.

Has anyone tried this?

https://www.healthline.com/health/tms-therapy#summary

That is so dangerous to change medications during TMS. And definitely not recommended by any reputable TMS provider.

I did TMS treatment before benzos with a leading hospital. I wish that I hadn't.

I hope the best for your friend. Wait to see if she has any symptoms in 3-6 months. Seroquel definitely delays withdrawal symptoms -- many things can come later or "tardive" is what the medical term is. And we all know other meds can have delayed onset of withdrawal as well. Paxil is supposed to be notorious for its withdrawal symptoms.

I know someone who got injured by TMS.

It can also increase anxiety FYI.

There's a youtube video with Angie Peacock where Matt Marin discusses this.

What happened to Matt was scary. He said his limbs moved uncontrollably from doing it during benzo withdrawal. Yikes.

That is so dangerous to change medications during TMS. And definitely not recommended by any reputable TMS provider.

I did TMS treatment before benzos with a leading hospital. I wish that I hadn't.

I hope the best for your friend. Wait to see if she has any symptoms in 3-6 months. Seroquel definitely delays withdrawal symptoms -- many things can come later or "tardive" is what the medical term is. And we all know other meds can have delayed onset of withdrawal as well. Paxil is supposed to be notorious for its withdrawal symptoms.

I know someone who got injured by TMS.

Thanks so much for the warnings~!

She did her last treatment yesterday-and three days off the SQ after two years use. Paxil- 20 years at highest prescribed- 60mg I believe.

I usually talk daily with her- Ill definitely checkup and share this.

I think the next step is waiting 3-4 weeks to see how its worked.

She sounded pretty good when I talked in the last five -6 weeks.

She did sound a bit more agitated come to think of it.

Thanks so much!!!!

It can also increase anxiety FYI.