Peripheral vision

[se...]

Anyone else just have some severely messed up peripheral vision? I used to have such great awareness of everything around me. So much is unfocused and my brain cannot decipher it unless I stare directly at it now.

I look at paintings or pieces of art, pictures of people, and it's like I have to look at all four corners of it to try to understand what I'm seeing - I just can't comprehend what I'm looking at.

It's one of my most distressing symptoms as it's a constant reminder of the damage.

Maybe we could look at it a different way and say your brain is so busy rebuilding your GABA receptors that it focusing its efforts on the big stuff making you have to work harder on the little stuff.  I like the sound of that and really, you having to work harder to focus is good exercise and distraction for your mind. 

Pamster hits the nail on the head every time.

I relate to what you are going through. I literally could not order food online for a period of time and now I am able to work a website, without feeling like I am in a haze or dizzy from the words. I looked at things and felt like they were not really there or I would get overwhelmed looking at a product label.

You will get better. Things will improve.

Looking at your signature, you have had a lot of brain action three months prior to this. So you haven't been off of everything long at all. I would expect progress to continue as time moves forward. You are so courageous to have done what you did with all of the drugs! My goodness. Your strength is admirable.