Resting heart rate

[jo...]

I put on my Fitbit today.  My resting heart rate is about 83 which seems high for me.  I'm two months into a rapid taper / ct.  Does the heart rate come down over time or should I expect to see this for a while?  Always been very active and regular at the gym until Feb 1 when I started taking ativan again.  My resting heart rate was below 70 typically.

This is common. I had this for maybe six months (?) and now it is gone. I even ran twice to get EKGs and they were both normal. I was waking up in the middle of the night with it consistently and in the mornings. Eventually, I stopped worrying about my heart because every time I got all freaked out about it, it was fine. Like you, I worked out prior to this as well.

Thank you Rebecca.  I hope to ease back into it without triggering waves.  I was lifting 275 lbs and doing 30 mins cardio before this episode.  Now I can barely go for a walk. 

Hey, I am right there with you. I was working out 3 days a week with weights, doing Stairmaster, etc. Plus meditating twice a day for 20 minutes, napping, all the normal human things before this nightmare.

I tried working out for two weeks in months 6 or 7. I don't know how I did it with the biblical symptoms I have had. My skin was literally burning and I tried working out. I was working out with a dude who told me it was helpful and that I needed to force myself to do it. I now realize this was gaslighting...anyway, if you can walk that is good.

You will be back in the gym eventually.

Hey, I am right there with you. I was working out 3 days a week with weights, doing Stairmaster, etc. Plus meditating twice a day for 20 minutes, napping, all the normal human things before this nightmare.

I tried working out for two weeks in months 6 or 7. I don't know how I did it with the biblical symptoms I have had. My skin was literally burning and I tried working out. I was working out with a dude who told me it was helpful and that I needed to force myself to do it. I now realize this was gaslighting...anyway, if you can walk that is good.

You will be back in the gym eventually.

I was in there today.  Just reminding people I'm alive and socializing with one person who knows what I'm going through.  Didn't touch a weight.  Just trying to push against the agoraphobia and feel a sense of normalcy.  I did walk 3 miles on the sand so that's a positive.  I hadn't left the house the last 4 days. 

I have to fly 8 hours tomorrow, drive a rental car an hour, check into a hotel, go to a rehearsal dinner, then stand up as a groomsman in the ceremony, then reverse the trip back home.  So needless to say I'm going to be tested for the next 4 days. 

Wow. That is so functional. It sounds like you are doing great. I am sure that you will master the weekend.

Enjoy your time this weekend.

P.S. Please sprinkle some of the functionality my way. I would love to be out and about in any capacity that is functional again.

Wow. That is so functional. It sounds like you are doing great. I am sure that you will master the weekend.

Enjoy your time this weekend.

P.S. Please sprinkle some of the functionality my way. I would love to be out and about in any capacity that is functional again.

I have yet to pack.  And tomorrow is the real test.  I don't want to go but it would be really really bad if I missed it.  I've had anxiety for weeks about it and tried to back out once already.  I'm forcing myself out to gain some exposure. The most I've been outside is 4 hours this whole week.  A 4 day cross country trip is pushing my luck. 

Any reduction in Akathisia? Is it too soon to try to go down a notch on the AP?

I’m afraid to go down at this time. There is some decrease in pacing but I can feel the lurking beast right under the surface.

Delayed flight 2 hours.  6 hour flight with a screaming toddler kicking the back of my seat the whole way.  And another screamer in the seat in front of me.  Connecting flight for an hour.  Rental car.  Hour Drive.  Hotel has no WiFi.  Forgot my laptop charger.  But surprisingly I'm calm.  Gonna make the best of this trip one way or another.