Trazodone??

[Bi...]

I tried it, I guess you know in the higher doses its an antidepressant but in the lower it’s used as a sleep aid.  I didn’t find it helpful against benzo induced insomnia.

I'm not sure I'd want to add something if I wasn't already taking it, but I am on trazodone (50mg) for sleep.  For me, it does help with sleep, but I don't really think I have benzo-induced insomnia, at least not yet.  I'm about halfway through my taper. 

Look through the common and uncommon side effects. Whatever you add in, you will have to taper later. It could take you years. Nobody can tell you how long it could take. You could end up stuck on a med. It happened to me and many others.

If you are off of everything, and not on any other meds, you are in a really good place. If you can just hang on for a couple more months, one day at a time, this might all be over for you and you might be back to your life as you know it.

I found trazodone really, really rough on my body. I hated it. Was such an unnatural feeling. But we're all different and what I don't tolerate, someone else may find it works perfectly. It's hard to give advice with so much inherent variability from one individual to the next.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've heard this( Trazodone) could help with withdrawal symptoms? Yes or no?? Advice please

Some people find it effective for sleep. I couldn't stand the stuffed nose and hot flushes. It is often combined with SSRIs or mood stabilizers. You can take a tiny dose, cause the doses are easy to split. We had a person on the forum who slept on it. Sleep doctors, benzo-wise doctors - love it. But only your body can tell you if it tolerates it.