Are there ANY symptoms benzo withdrawal CANNOT cause?

[Bi...]

I'm struggling here because before I took benzos I rarely had an ache or a pain. Yes for years Ive suffered anxiety on and off but I seem to be falling apart? I'm like jelly,legs like jelly, I hurt,I can't walk straight, my ears feel plugged, I've constant head pain and pressure, I'm trembling inside which makes my speech tremble. I'm a vocalist and I struggle to sing. My heart keeps beating fast and feels like it will burst out of my chest.My jaw hurts,my legs hurt, my hands hurt, my head hurts etc etc but the worst worst for me is the anxiety and depression that comes in waves.. it's truly excruciating.

These are just a few of my current symptoms.

Are there ANY symptoms that benzo withdrawal CANNOT cause???

hello little bird.

All the symptoms you describe here remind me of the beginning of my withdrawal and the strong symptoms. Benzo's cause many symptoms yes randomly sometimes. today with 03 years without any Rivotril (benzo in Brazil) I still have waves with these symptoms and for me the strongest are the Intrusive thoughts. Sometimes the symptoms vary, leaving the symptom of extreme tiredness the most worrying for me because even during the withdrawal, the covid I continued working online with the IT area.

I wish your health to improve. - Hugs from Rio de Janeiro -Brazil :smitten:

lol I get rashes too!! It was a good effort though, Hardy.

A symptom I haven't had is being extremely calm and understanding everything everyone tells me on the first try... I joke.

I know what you mean, Birdypie. I could have written your post because I experience all of the same things. The hardest part is waking up, not knowing how you will feel that day. It's discouraging and makes it impossible to plan anything. We have to hold onto whatever light we can see at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes the other end of mine is close and I see a big window of light, sometimes it's very far away and just a pinpoint. But no matter what, I take a step toward it because it's all I can do. The odds are in our favor. We will heal.

I've read that singing can help lower anxiety. From google: "When people sing, endorphins and oxytocin are released by the brain which in turn lowers stress and anxiety levels." Do you find any truth in that? Sometimes when my anxiety is really bad, I'll take a cold shower and hum whatever song is stuck in my head at the time and it kinda helps. It's interesting if nothing else!

Hang in there Birdypie. I’ve started to experience the weird pressurised head aches that you mentioned , not to mention crazy palpitations. We just have to keep going and not count our chickens.

I'm struggling here because before I took benzos I rarely had an ache or a pain. Yes for years Ive suffered anxiety on and off but I seem to be falling apart? I'm like jelly,legs like jelly, I hurt,I can't walk straight, my ears feel plugged, I've constant head pain and pressure, I'm trembling inside which makes my speech tremble. I'm a vocalist and I struggle to sing. My heart keeps beating fast and feels like it will burst out of my chest.My jaw hurts,my legs hurt, my hands hurt, my head hurts etc etc but the worst worst for me is the anxiety and depression that comes in waves.. it's truly excruciating.

These are just a few of my current symptoms.

Are there ANY symptoms that benzo withdrawal CANNOT cause???

Doubt it. I have heard of just about everything at this point. And yes, I have heard of rashes also.

My left ear was plugged, and I had constant head and jaw pain for the first six months. The pain was so bad that when I broke and had to go to an urgent care the highest levels of Norco, Tramadol, and opioids didn't touch it. Botox helped some but I had to get a huge amount -- 140 units. And I had to get it twice. For months I could not eat solid food the jaw pain was so bad and I was in PT every week dragging myself to go so dizzy and weak and messed up. I don't even know how I did that.

I had bone-crushing depression due to getting tinnitus from benzo wd. Still have the tinnitus sadly. "Anxiety" SO bad I was waking up in the middle of the night every hour and had to take a cold shower or dip my head in a bucket of ice-cold water that I stored in the fridge to survive. This lasted weeks and happened while tapering Seroquel after Ativan which has been another horrible story. I had ice burns on my face and body from the cold water. I was waking up with tachycardia all the time and a heart rate so high I had to walk to bring it down in the middle of the night.

I have minimal jaw issues now. My BP/HR is 90-110/60 ish most of the time. No head pain and the ear-plugged feeling went away. So...it can change. It took six months and two botox treatments to see results for the head/jaw stuff and a few times taking a pain med reluctantly. I did put heat packs on it every day sometimes for hours and hours. The ones you can buy on Amazon that wrap around your face. If you look up "TMJ face heat" you can find them.

Honestly, I would take those issues back compared to what I have now in an instant. It seems crazy because it was so painful but that was easier for me than this nightmare I am currently experiencing.