Going from 3 doses to 2 of Diazepam....advice welcomed

[Mo...]

Hello people  :)  Loooong time no chat!

So I’ve been on 11mg of diazepam after a bit of a rocky switch from Ativan 5 years ago.  Life has returned and I have been accepting my anxiety, letting it just happen through a wonderful and successful online program I’ve been following.  Back to work,  travelling, nothing has stopped me from anything I want to do.  I’m actually feeling more tired after taking my three daily doses and it’s a good sign because less adrenaline in my body means less anxiety.  I’m taking my doses as follows: 4mg morning, 3mg 5-6pm and 4 mg 11pm, midnight.  Sleep is not an issue.  I would like to switch to twice a day dosing to prepare for my withdrawal and would appreciate any experience any of you might have In doing so.

Huge thanks in advance and cheers to all of you who may remember me! 

Monkeypig

[8e...]

Hi Monkeypig

Personally, I can’t see any issue with switching directly to dosing just the twice a day. The diazepam has a very long half life, so as long as you are splitting that middle dose and dispersing it equally between your remaining two doses, I wouldn’t expect you’ll have any real issues adjusting to the new dosing schedule at all. It should be quite a smooth transition.

But just wait and see if other members also agree…

I also don't think it'll be a problem. I actually find it strange you're dosing 3 times a day. As mentioned it's got a very long half life 48 hours according to most.
  • Like 1