18 months free and finally seeing changes

[ja...]

Im older, and have had 20 years of benzo use.    My taper took 4 years with one long hold and one reinstate.    18 months free today.

I don't want to jinx myself, so I'll just say that the last few weeks have been amazing.  About a month ago, I noticed that my dizzyness and boatiness has pretty much disappeared.  Along with the nausea. 

I have had windows..... beautiful windows,  this month...... which is amazing because between 10 and 17 months, I wasn't having them.  I was getting really discouraged.  Losing hope.  Thinking that perhaps chronic Lyme and or concussion was the reason for my symptoms.....

Today, I walked the beach and felt about 90% well.  Just a wee bit of tinnitus.... but my vision is sharp, my body feels relaxed and rested.

I have slept well these last few weeks too.  Several nights a week I'm getting 6 to 8 hours....... maybe only one or two nights a week of vibrating and insomnia.     

My system is still overreacting to stress or excitement......  and some foods.

It's clear I have a way to go.  I want to write a success story, but it's not quite time.   

I am so dang glad for the buddies that preceed me.... especially those of you that had long time use and are older....  your stories helped me to hang on......

Big love..... 

Im older, and have had 20 years of benzo use.    My taper took 4 years with one long hold and one reinstate.    18 months free today.

I don't want to jinx myself, so I'll just say that the last few weeks have been amazing.  About a month ago, I noticed that my dizzyness and boatiness has pretty much disappeared.  Along with the nausea. 

I have had windows..... beautiful windows,  this month...... which is amazing because between 10 and 17 months, I wasn't having them.  I was getting really discouraged.  Losing hope.  Thinking that perhaps chronic Lyme and or concussion was the reason for my symptoms.....

Today, I walked the beach and felt about 90% well.  Just a wee bit of tinnitus.... but my vision is sharp, my body feels relaxed and rested.

I have slept well these last few weeks too.  Several nights a week I'm getting 6 to 8 hours....... maybe only one or two nights a week of vibrating and insomnia.     

My system is still overreacting to stress or excitement......  and some foods.

It's clear I have a way to go.  I want to write a success story, but it's not quite time.   

I am so dang glad for the buddies that preceed me.... especially those of you that had long time use and are older....  your stories helped me to hang on......

Big love.....

WOW. This is a success story in my book. I am THRILLED FOR YOU.

THRILLED.

Enjoy having your life back!!

Fingers crossed Rebecca.. thank you so much!  I'm glad things are going in the right direction..... what a long terrible road it's been!!

I’m feeling relief just reading this, oh, I hope its real this time, I know you’ve had disappointments in the past. 

You’ve worked so hard for this through some pretty rough times which I’m sure slowed recovery down but you’ve been amazing and you’ve been so supportive of others, I’m happy for you.  :smitten: