Grapefruit seed extract

[Ze...]

Hello,

I take lorazepam (0.25 mg/morning and 0.25mg/night) and for intestinal issues I have been prescribed Citrobiotic bio (30drops at breakfast, lunch and dinner), whose composition is as follows:

Glyceric grapefruit seed extract (83%), water, antioxidant (ascorbic acid)

I know that grapefruit inhibits the enzyme that metabolizes lorazepam, but I do not know if anyone has still taken a similar product and had problems or these problems arise from a certain dose, and if so what would be this problematic dose.

Thanks

There are many psych meds that are affected by grapefruit juice. I wouldn’t risk it. Doubt it is dose dependent. Can’t you drink ginger?

Hello, thank you for your reply.

Well I don't know about the ginger, I have mycotoxin toxicity and had a strange reaction that coincided with taking more ginger infusion although it wasn't the only change I made at the time so I'm not clear that I was affected by that.

The thing about the grapefruit seed extract dosage, is that different doctors have prescribed it for me at different times, I have never taken it but I wonder, if they know I take lorazepam, wouldn't they be aware of bad reactions with other patients and prevent me from taking it?

Thank you

Sadly, I think most of us here realized doctors are not reallt aware of the effects of certain medications on people genetically more sensitive than the average population and definitely are not aware of cross-med effects. It is better to discuss this with a pharmacist I think but grapefruit is indeed not advised in many cases as it interacts with the halflife of many medications. (Some might experiment with it to try and minimoze interdose withdrawal).