Okay….any thoughts/experience with Pristiq?

[Ma...]

It isn't a great med and apparently is very toxic as per the genetic drug expert who I spoke with. Also, apparently, there is not much difference between the 50 and 100 mg doses of Pristiq for patients. So it basically acts as a placebo. The company hides this...Mary, am I your new best friend with all this insider drug info??

NO to Cymbalta. At least for me. I was on Zoloft for 2 years to treat Nocturnal Panic Attack disorder caused by PTSD from a car accident that left me disabled. I tolerated Zoloft okay, my wise PCP weaned me off by cutting doses by a quarter every 2 weeks. I was given Cymbalta to try for Fibromyalgia (triggered by the car accident)years later, I just didn't feel right. I found other ways to deal with it. Cymbalta is not just prescribed for Fibromyalgia, it's being pushed for chronic pain. SSRI's require tapering, and some have a harder time than others. My niece was on Zoloft, her taper off was brutal. Mine wasn't. Granted, her dose was higher than mine, maybe that made it harder. She was also on it for longer too. Any SSRI requires a taper, and for some people, they can be just as hard as benzos. YMMV of course. My experience with Zoloft wasn't bad, but I wouldn't go back on one.

Why did I know you would know about Cymbalta, Rebecca? I've seen people on Twitter's #prescribedharm community struggle with that.

My niece has been through the SSRI revolving door. Lexapro gave her high cholesterol. Wellbutrin caused Stevens-Johnson Syndrome (Thankfully she wasn't on it long, she was able to just stop). She goes on them, files and weighs pills to taper off, and she gets put on another. Just wish she'd accept her Autism diagnosis, I embraced mine a long time ago. The Psychologist who diagnosed her, told her she could stop the "crazy meds", the only thing 'wrong' with her is Autism.

Pristiq is supposedly a cleaner version of Effexor.  I tried a few ADs (Effexor, imipramine, Pristiq) last year when tapering and Pristiq was the only one I could tolerate and it was quite helpful for my anxiety.  Only took 25mg.  Unfortunately, as I got lower on my taper I couldn’t tolerate it anymore.  Even like a 1/4 pill became too activating.

Who knows why I could tolerate it and not the others.  I was actually taking a larger respective does of Pristiq than Effexor and imipramine too.