Effexor-has anyone tried it?

[Ma...]

Seems my last hideous symptom is severe, chemical anxiety and am hoping this works. I took a gene test with the results stating it is compliant with my DNA. 🤞

I’d appreciate any feedback-

Thank you,

From what I understand, yes. That is why doctors "joke" about it. It really isn't funny...

The Effexor XR version is apparently one of the most difficult to get off of along with Wellbutrin XL. I have also heard awful withdrawal stories about Paxil. FYI.

Angela Peacock who has been on every drug on the market basically could probably tell you more about these drugs. Good to do your research before starting anything. Let me know if I can help you in any way.

I can't speak from personal experience.  But my mom takes it and has for a very long time.  She says it has worked great for her.  That being said, she mentioned that if she ever misses even one dose it is agony.  Brain zaps, headaches and all the usual stuff that comes along with SSRI stuff.  It is definitely one of the harder ones to taper off from what I hear.  I am not sure what dose she is at.  I know she also takes Buspar, I think at 15mg x2/day

• 2 weeks later...

Since you have no medication History I don't know whether you are still in benzo Withdrawal/Post acute or something... but if it's chemical anxiety /withdrawal related it might extremely fuel it EXTREMELY!!!! ...

Anyways I (personally) wouldn't try ADs (any ADs. I have been on a lot of forums and I've never met anyone who found an AD or any other medication effective for anxiety... maybe a  tiny bit (they think) but the question is: is it worth it concerning the side effects and especially their own withdrawal?!?!?! I know people who had the very same or even worse w/d than with the benzos!!!! Effexor is one of the worst concerning its w/d. Some taper years and still have horrible w/ds and PAWS. I met a young girl (in her 20s) who was put on it. She once got such a beautiful smile... on Effexor she had no facial expression anymore and constantly appeared to be bored..  this "transformation" scared me extremely..." they offered it to me, too, I declined! Anyways it was SSRIs (like Paxil) I reacted very paradoxical (& Serotoninsyndrome) on that reactivated my panic disorder and fueled it a 1000x so I got hooked on benzos again (and especially for Lyrica w/d) I think there is no psych med that doesn't end in a benzo like withdrawal!

Doctors have a joke about this drug, they call it "Side Effexor."

I took it many years ago in college.  Worked well for anxiety at low doses.  75mg or less.  Was actually less useful for anxiety at higher doses.

It wasn’t hard at all to get off for me.  But don’t stop it cold Turkey or you will have horrendous withdrawal.  I punched a hole through a door because I was so agitated.  Very panicky.  A one or two week taper and I was fine.

• 1 month later...

Seems my last hideous symptom is severe, chemical anxiety and am hoping this works. I took a gene test with the results stating it is compliant with my DNA. 🤞

I’d appreciate any feedback-

Thank you,

I felt OK on it, but my skin was terrible. I have oily skin. Had to stop due to interaction with BC pill. I took the minimal dose twice a day and felt good.