Xanax to Valium Crossover - advice needed

[BZ...]

I am beginning a crossover from Xanax XR to Valium/diazepam.

I currently dose the Xanax XR 3 times per day, 0.5mg tablets each (total is 1.5mg/day)

My psychiatrist is having me swap out the evening dose for 5 mg of diazepam for a week or two, then I assume the same will be done for the middle dose, then the morning dose.

Does this sound like a reasonable approach, to complete the crossover in 1-2 months?

I took the first evening dose of diazepam last night, and I feel ok, but I assume it is too early to tell how I will respond.

Is there anything I should expect, symptom-wise, and at what point into the crossover?

Thank you for any experience, insights, or advice!

I was also taking Xanax XR and crossed over to Valium.  My Pdoc used the conversion 10mg Valium =.5mg Xanax.  So, you may be under dosing.  I know everyone is different, but just something to consider.  There are several on-line Benzo conversion tables you can use to find the equivalent dose.  Perhaps this will work seeing that you have only been taking Xanax since Jan 2023.  Everyone is different when it comes to the conversions, but generally speaking .5mg Xanax is equal to 10mg Valium.