My Scale is too Unreliable

[or...]

I've tried every trick to get it to even weigh a dime the same every time, after calibrating.  I don't have any noise, or air going and table is steady, I've tried everything I can think of except spending more dollars on a different scale, which I feel is going to have to my next step.

One thing good about ordering a more expensive one is that I can return it easily if it doesn't hit the numbers I need.  Also, the one I bought I'll put a link too in case anyone has the same, and figured out how to get it to be accurate enough to get a safe dosage each time.  I'm doing a dry cut, Daily Micro-taper of just .001, but when I had tried to do the .003 I was going to use, it was wishy washy on the calculations for that.  I also tried putting the calibration weights on, after calibrating, and then adding my piece I've either cut or shaved.  It still wasn't the same each time so I just can't trust it.

Any feedback is welcome, recommends for other scales, thanks in advance for any help.  For a change, I'm not stressed out and shaking over this so the doses I got yesterday and day before must be ok, I just don't know for sure "even" about the dosages.  Thanks much, Denise  :)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09K5CZDML?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I don't know anything about that scale. Most use the GEM scale that is here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ESHDGOI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 That's the one I bought, and in videos on YouTube about pill weighing, this is the one used. There isn't much of a difference in price, and many like the GEM scale. I didn't even use it long, started weighing and filing for microdosing, but ended up jumping with an assist from iontophoresis NAD+. I'll probably unload mine on eBay, as I don't see any use for it anymore.

You definitely want a good scale for this, we are running our own compounding pharmacies, and it's important to get things as precise as possible. Definitely check out the GEM scale, it's the one I've seen most recommended. Hopefully others will weigh (hahaha, 'weigh', I made a pun) :laugh: in with their suggestions. I found the GEM worked well, when I finally used it.

I don't know anything about that scale. Most use the GEM scale that is here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ESHDGOI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 That's the one I bought, and in videos on YouTube about pill weighing, this is the one used. There isn't much of a difference in price, and many like the GEM scale. I didn't even use it long, started weighing and filing for microdosing, but ended up jumping with an assist from iontophoresis NAD+. I'll probably unload mine on eBay, as I don't see any use for it anymore.

You definitely want a good scale for this, we are running our own compounding pharmacies, and it's important to get things as precise as possible. Definitely check out the GEM scale, it's the one I've seen most recommended. Hopefully others will weigh (hahaha, 'weigh', I made a pun) :laugh: in with their suggestions. I found the GEM worked well, when I finally used it.

Thank you muchLottie, and I saw this one and thought it was basically the same, only lower cost.  I'll see if the AWS does the trick, and if it doesn't, I'll send it back and try this one! 

I'm going to look into what the  iontophoresis NAD+ and see what that is about, thank you again, Denise  :smitten::thumbsup:

PS that was a hoot, your pun  :laugh: Ok, looked up you NAD and it looks like a bit of a "shocking" experience :laugh:  Tag, you're it  ;)

If you want to learn more about iontophoresis NAD+, you can read my journal thread about my experience. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=277207.0 Most BB's who did NAD+, did IV NAD+. I'm the first here to successfully do iontophoresis NAD+. It was not easy after jumping, and I lay out the downsides to doing any NAD+, the experience can be difficult, but recovery is shorter. I urge anybody thinking about NAD+ to do their homework. For me personally, it was worth it.

Ok Lottie, I will check the link, and I am always up for any home-work I can do to help me get through this whole thing.  I doubt my insurance would cover NAD, I am just guessing, but I won't hesitate to check it out. 

I'm so happy it helped you, I'm a believer in coming through this healed, I know it won't make me younger, but I do believe I'll have more quality of life ;) hugs, Denise  :hug: and thank you again, very nice to meet you  :smitten:

Ok Lottie, I will check the link, and I am always up for any home-work I can do to help me get through this whole thing.  I doubt my insurance would cover NAD, I am just guessing, but I won't hesitate to check it out. 

I'm so happy it helped you, I'm a believer in coming through this healed, I know it won't make me younger, but I do believe I'll have more quality of life ;) hugs, Denise  :hug: and thank you again, very nice to meet you  :smitten:

Some cover IV NAD+, a few have had it done using their health insurance, iontophoresis NAD+ isn't covered, but far cheaper. I couldn't afford IV NAD+, but iontophoresis I broke into my nest egg to do. Still in acute hell, but I'd rather be here than in taper hell. More intense suffering, but over all shorter. Happy reading, I did all the research, everybody else just needs to read and decide for themselves. Took me 4 months to finally say "I'm doing this." It was either going to work, or not. I didn't think about the "or not." 5 weeks since jumping, 4 weeks since initial NAD+ treatment, and things are rapidly getting better.

I'm always willing to learn new things so today I hope to look at that NDT thing.  It may not be for me, but I soak up learning about all kinds of things and I believe it's good brain exercise, as long as I remember to weed out the things I'm willing to try, and the things I'm not.  I appreciate all you've shared and again, I love finding new things to discover, and consider. Right now, and I do know you did not suggest the NDT for me, you were simply sharing your story, or the iso part you decided to try, but for now I realize I have other fish to fry just trying my dry-Taper.  Just found out my scale and pill cutter will both be here by Wed. next, thanks again, Denise  :hug:

I'm always willing to learn new things so today I hope to look at that NDT thing.  It may not be for me, but I soak up learning about all kinds of things and I believe it's good brain exercise, as long as I remember to weed out the things I'm willing to try, and the things I'm not.  I appreciate all you've shared and again, I love finding new things to discover, and consider. Right now, and I do know you did not suggest the NDT for me, you were simply sharing your story, or the iso part you decided to try, but for now I realize I have other fish to fry just trying my dry-Taper.  Just found out my scale and pill cutter will both be here by Wed. next, thanks again, Denise  :hug:

I absorb knowledge like a sponge. And it is definitely good brain exercise. There are numerous studies that show learning is good for the brain, especially as we get older. Music is good too. As are crafts, hobbies, art, exercise/fitness, and a healthy diet. I believe that stimulating the brain is critical to healing from benzo w/d. I hope you get your new scale soon, so you can get your dry-taper done. I haven't looked into NDT, I've looked at other things people have tried, or are trying. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and we are desperate.

Hi OregonLady,

Like BenzoLottie said, most people have success with the Gem20 so I'm glad you're going to give that a try.  I started out with that one, but as I got lower I found that it jumped around and I just wasn't confident that I could make accurate cuts so I invested in a much more expensive, lab-grade scale.  In using the Gem20, someone in another forum suggested changing the batteries often.  I did not do that, so that may be why I was having a lot of jumping around.  You may even want to try that with your current scale to see if it helps.

Good luck,

BW 

Hi OregonLady,

Like BenzoLottie said, most people have success with the Gem20 so I'm glad you're going to give that a try.  I started out with that one, but as I got lower I found that it jumped around and I just wasn't confident that I could make accurate cuts so I invested in a much more expensive, lab-grade scale.  In using the Gem20, someone in another forum suggested changing the batteries often.  I did not do that, so that may be why I was having a lot of jumping around.  You may even want to try that with your current scale to see if it helps.

Good luck,

BW

Thanks so much BW!  I did send the other scale back to Amazon, but still have a smaller one that works as well, or better than the one I sent back.  I'll use that for now until my Gemini gets here.  I'm still not sure the one listed as a GEM20 is the same but it could be a generic brand of the one I ordered which was 50$.  I read somewhere or heard on a video that it is pretty much the same scale, GEM20 and AWS Gemini 20, hope I got the names straight.  But I'll try the one I'm getting and I can return it if it fails me by too much.  Within 1 or 2 digits should be ok for me since I'll be going low as I can in shaving or cutting.

I agree the batteries are important and have some lithiums I'll use, but first try the ones they say it comes with.  So I would just put in new ones if it works well in the beginning, then starts to fluctuate too much, change them out ;) gotcha  :thumbsup:

Well, so far, my new scale, the AWS Gemini 20, is not very accurate either.  I'll fiddle with it a bit when I have more time but my cheapest scale I still have is just as good.  Thinking if I have to I'll just shave off teenie bits each day and not worry about weighing  :-\

To be fair, I need to say it could be me, not the scale.  This scale brand works for a lot of people here :)