18 months

[...]

I am 18 months today. I guess I am going protracted. Insomnia still kicking my butt. I don’t know how I have survived this long on 2 to 4 hours a night with no naps. Also still have burning brain, inner tremors, chemical anxiety, and heart palps. I still wake up after my 2 hours of sleep with my heart pounding and cold sweats. I really thought that by now I would be much further along than I am. At this rate I will never heal. All I want to do is get some refreshing sleep and be able to spend some time with my children. I have almost given up hope of any recovery. I guess I will never get to write that success story I was so looking forward too.

• 2 weeks later...

Mate u will write that success story and I can’t wait to read it. I remember waking up every single morning with a huge bolt of adrenaline or cortisol, my heart would start racing the anxiety would kick in then I’d start crying thinking oh god not again.

It’s gone. That never happens anymore. It will end for you x

I know it’s so hard xray. But it will end. X

Mate u will write that success story and I can’t wait to read it. I remember waking up every single morning with a huge bolt of adrenaline or cortisol, my heart would start racing the anxiety would kick in then I’d start crying thinking oh god not again.

18 months is huge. Go eat something delicious to celebrate it. All that time isn’t for nothing, ur day is coming x

If its any help, i am still right there with you! Never normal sleep, still freaky sleep related stuff more than half of the nights and days crippling awful.

Thanks Shayna,

I sure hope you’re right. I try real hard but my sleep has barely improved in 18 months. Being sleep deprived makes every other symptom worse. Either that or the other symptoms are caused by sleep deprivation. I hope one day I can be as tough as you and just quit caring if I sleep or not. It hasn’t happened yet but I keep trying.

If its any help, i am still right there with you! Never normal sleep, still freaky sleep related stuff more than half of the nights and days crippling awful.

I’m sorry Heyilona,

I wonder what it is about us that caused such long term damage from short term use. Neither one of us even took this crap for sleep. Praying that head explosions go away soon. Nobody should have to go thru this kind of torture.

I am so very sorry! Have you tried magnesium? I know it doesn’t work for some but it puts me right to sleep. Also, if you have a TV in your bedroom you can YouTube rainfall, waves etc with a black screen. Also Insight Time can guide you through Yoga Nidra to promote sleep. If anything it will get you out of your head and help you relax as you attempt to sleep…

Praying for you 🙏