Substitution bromazepam=>diazepam, resulting in insomnia

[Ma...]

I started with a gradual substitution from bromazepam to diazepam according to the Ashton manual. I take (was taking) 6mg of bromazepam per day. I reduced the dose to 5.25mg and added 2.5mg of diazepam at night. I hardly slept for three nights. With diazepam, it is stated that it can cause so-called paradoxical insomnia. Does anyone have experience with it? Do you think it's withdrawal symptoms from reducing bromazepam or insomnia after diazepam? Thanks in advance for any advice.

i did a CT and have no experience tapering; however, I have been on the insomnia boards since 2016 and I'd definitely say your insomnia is a result of cutting the Bromazepam?  Since Bromazepam is a short acting Benzo, making cuts could easily cause insomnia?  When most people, in my experience, switch over, they completely switch over to Valium or Diazepam.  The approximate equivalent dosage is 1mg to 10mg.  So 6mg of Bromazepam would equal 60 mg of Valium.  If you reduced your dose to 5.25mg, in theory, you should be taking 7.5mg of Valium not 2.5mg? 

Making too big of cuts can cause symptoms and insomnia.  Ashton recommends no more than 5-10% of your current dose every 2 weeks.

Again, I'd look into completely crossing over to Valium (Diazepam) instead of a very small partial cross-over, but do what is best for you.

I crossed over from Bromazepam 1.5mg to Valium 10mg with a very rapid taper over 7dsys, which I now realize was a ct more or less. I have severe insomnia over the past 3mths or so. Only started getting some microsleep here and there which added up to 3hrs or so last week.  0 perceived sleep, no drowsiness and total sleeplessness the whole day.

I hope we all heal soon!