Anxiety help I need relief and I'm scared, so scared

[Bi...]

Anxiety has brought on more anxiety to the point I'm shaking. Why oh why when a wave hits all the other symptoms come crashing too? Head pressure, dizziness inner shakes, jelly legs, ear pressure And the headache that won't go away.

I'm desperate for relief if only from the anxiety. I'm.not sure how much more I can take

Is all of this normal??? I feel like I'm being tortured from the inside out

Was the anxiety spontaneous or can you figure out why it came on?  What tools do you typically use when this happens?  Is anxiety the reason you were prescribed benzodiazepines?

Hi Pamster

I've never had anxiety this bad and I've had it since 17. Yes I was prescribed benzodiazapines for anxiety just before Christmas for anxiety because of stressful situations that occured.i felt this wave occur as I got increasingly anxious during a conversation that anyone would get stressed about. It happened on my last wave. Stress and anxiety brought it on.

I need coping mechanisms badly, I just cry and cry to the point I'm in despair and can't cry anymore. It pushes me to contemplating the unthinkable. I want this to go away. I can't cope

Hi Birdiepie,

I'm sorry to hear about your anxiety. Do you have access to therapy? I highly recommend somatic therapy or someone who is trained in breathwork. Both are very useful to release anxiety.  There are also tons of videos on YouTube about breathwork and anxiety!

Wishing you the best

Morning anxiety has been more like terror the last few days and the depression is making me lose the will to carry on. I'm trying so hard to stay distracted and busy.

The last time this happened followed a calm window that was heaven. Please come back, I'm not sure how much more I can take

If you’re interested in taking additional medication please Google Pregabalin (Lyrica). It helps benzo withdrawal and anxiety.

There are great articles from NIH and PubMd…

I start it Monday 🤞🤞🤞

How's your sleep routine? Also exercise? Running did absolute wonders for me. Was running through panic attacks. Also silexan/calmaid and occasional valerian helped. Also maybe magnesium glycinate helped, but hard to really pinpoint. Good luck! You'll be alright. Just takes a while.

How's your sleep routine? Also exercise? Running did absolute wonders for me. Was running through panic attacks. Also silexan/calmaid and occasional valerian helped. Also maybe magnesium glycinate helped, but hard to really pinpoint. Good luck! You'll be alright. Just takes a while.

Thank you ,I shall look into those.

My legs are so weak and jelliified I'm struggling to get up and down right now. I used to use exercise to combat stress but it's just not possible right now.My sleep is ok in general.

I see you're a short term user too! Very similar to me. Gives me hope. I had a major window where I felt 90 percent healed about a month ago and the symptoms are changing slightly on and off.

I have no idea how she did it but a member loved to hike but her jelly legs were prohibiting it, hiking is what she needed to do, it was her way to cope with stress so she vowed she would keep doing it. 

She told herself there was nothing wrong with her legs and really, thats the truth, there isn’t, its your brain telling you there is.  So she started putting one foot in front of the other, she trusted her legs not the message coming from her brain.  She kept doing this and eventually, she was able to get back to her routine. 

Just wanted to pass it along.

I have no idea how she did it but a member loved to hike but her jelly legs were prohibiting it, hiking is what she needed to do, it was her way to cope with stress so she vowed she would keep doing it. 

She told herself there was nothing wrong with her legs and really, thats the truth, there isn’t, its your brain telling you there is.  So she started putting one foot in front of the other, she trusted her legs not the message coming from her brain.  She kept doing this and eventually, she was able to get back to her routine. 

Just wanted to pass it along.

Thank you Pamster!

It gives me courage and determination to try harder too

I found the post I was talking about, this lady was an inspiration and I agree with her thoughts about speaking our bravery out loud, I did the same thing with my fear, this isn’t real, its not me and it won’t be me when I recover. :thumbsup:

Love the success story, it’s encouraging.

BMC, does the jelly legs go away on their own, gradually, suddenly.  Can you give any advice for self talk or coping while it’s going on?

Glad you’re doing well.

Hi Martineka! Jelly legs were terrible at the beginning of my taper. But I had to move around a lot because I felt pent up and vibratey inside of my body. I hiked in the national forest near me as I have always done but now i didnt trust my legs and the path was rocky, or had tree roots, or was, often during this time, icy. I was scared to be honest, I actually wondered if I had MS it was so weird. I noticed my legs seemed to have a muscle memory; an autopilot. I slipped and was surprised at how my legs knew what to do even though mentally I thought I was falling. I regained balance as if automatic and it made me think that the sensation of jelly legs is a glitch in the  |mind body nerve|  communications. So i kept on walking and it just faded off. I would tell myself - out loud- "you're all right!" about a hundred times a day.it was bad for about a month. Also i would look up random you tubes on leg stretches and do them. Lots of magnesium baths too.

I've read this in other members' success stories about how exercise was key for them. Its because of the frayed nerves. I think when you start coming off a benzo everything feels way more *whatever* because we've dulled our sensations down trying to address anxiety. Now it's all coming back online. It feels bigger but is probably your original baseline. You just dont remember. Does that make sense?