Is my insomnia getting better or what?

[...]

Hi everyone

2 months ago they put me on zopiclone for sleep after I got the cold and started sleeping really bad. Back then I could still average 4-5 hours a night with the occasional nights where I couldn’t sleep at all. I took it for a week before it triggered insomnia anxiety, nausea diarrhea, tinnitus, tingling in my body, headache and so on.

The same day this triggered anxiety for me I stopped taking it. The following nights I had real difficulties sleeping. But then there were like 3 nights where I slept really good before the worst insomnia kicked in. After those three nights I’ve been struggling with insomnia real bad. Here is the thing. At first, I got some sleepless nights followed by som nights where I slept maybe 4-5 hours after I had struggled for at Least 2 hours to fall asleep. Then I got at least 4-5 hours every night for like a week, really lightly but still it was sleep. Then I started sleeping one night where I fell asleep immediately and one night where I was wide  awake. This continued for a week. And now this last week I got three “good nights” meaning I fell asleep right away woke up many times but still got some deep sleep a few hours, followed by 2 really crappy nights where I haven’t slept a minute.

Why is this happening and why am I not getting better? I only took the pill for 1 week. Everything else is getting better except my insomnia. It feels like there has not been any improvements at all. I would appreciate any input.

You have very minimal symptoms, got better fast and you're only off two months. Give it some time. You wiml be sleeping better in a while.

Of course. I meant it as encouragement. I haven't slept since August. Not even 5 hours a night or anything. And I am still holding on for now. You can manage. It goes with ups and downs. Give it a couple months more.

I'm sorry it was really not my intention. I will not comment again, I am just sending one last message to sincerely apologize. I hope your sleep returns soon.

Please stop commenting on my posts please. Your being very annoying and unnecessary.

This response is extremely rude and unnecessary.

She's not invalidating what you're going through. She's actually being positive and giving you words of encouragement. Mind you, this is ALSO someone who is suffering.

Even in her response to you being rude, she's being nothing but kind and considerate.

Maybe think twice before posting to a public forum if you're going to be so uptight about the replies.

Btw I'd consider myself extremely lucky if I were you. I'd give ANYTHING to have the symptoms you do. But I digress.

Sleep returns in fits and starts, just as you are describing.  It's good for awhile, then bad again, then good, then bad until it finally evens out.  It can take a lot of time for most.  Ashton says 6-12 months.  Some take more time, some take less time.  But as you already know, it's very non linear; a real roller coaster ride for most.  Eventually it evens out for good.

Please take the time to read this post:  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=235100.0

Briecheese, you can look at my other posts. Every time I post something sje comments and tells me your symptoms are mild. Another post i made she just wrote: Your lucky.

I dont have to know im lucky everyone fights their own Battles. So can you all leave me alone and stop harrasing me. What is This I cant even be real about my concernes without this bullshit. You dont even know why i wrote back like that you didnt even know there were other posts made.

Okay sorry but with a comment like that I will explain myself. I also really genuinely apologised there. What I meant with lucky is what I explained there. That you realized so soon it was the medication making you sick. That was very smart of you and lucky to realize that and realize it so fast and stop "in time". Many people myself included didn't realize their medication is what made them sick. Or ended up polydrugged and worse off. I really had no ill intent. You are also lucky that you should indeed not have any problems if you ever have a surgery or anything like that like you asked there. That does not work for everyone.

And tbh I did not realize you were the same person or that I offended you or I would have indeed just left you alone. I'm not here to make anything worse for myself or others. I'm here for support and encouragement and I'm a tiny bit envious of your situation. You yourself reached out to me after my first comments in pm so I did not know they caused an issue and you also told me many people are worse than I am. So guess we should all be as calm and grateful as we can be.

TheEwAY2 just wanna tell you that i read your post a few days ago and it has helped me so much. Eventhough i still have some concernes when i dont sleep I feel hope and Im more reassured by your post!

Ofc I know im not the worst case? I do say it myself but I dont have to hear it all the time. Does that mean my feelings are not validated? Im here for support and not judgement. Just get off my posts both you and her.

Briecheese, you can look at my other posts. Every time I post something sje comments and tells me your symptoms are mild. Another post i made she just wrote: Your lucky.

I dont have to know im lucky everyone fights their own Battles. So can you all leave me alone and stop harrasing me. What is This I cant even be real about my concernes without this bullshit. You dont even know why i wrote back like that you didnt even know there were other posts made.

Are you done assuming now? I'm aware that the two of you have spoke before. I commented on this public post because I thought your response was uncalled for and rude. I'm not harassing you, I'm simply saying we're all suffering here so maybe be a bit nicer.

Haha I dont believe you knew we talked before. And thats not all you said. You also said that I should be VERY LUCKY. trying to trigger me because you thought I was rude. Arent you doing the exact same thing your telling me not to do?

And you dont decide What I say. I say whatever I want. If you want to be like that we can be like that. Im going to treat you the way you treat me until you stop being a hypocrite.

I agree with ThEwAy2, the non-linear aspect of our recovery is so frustrating but we eventually get where we need to be, it just takes too long.

I see there have been some tense words exchanged on this thread with what may have started out as a misunderstanding.  Hopefully all parties will disengage and get back to doing what we do best, helping and supporting each other and treating one another with respect.