Am I never able to take any benzo like medications again?

[...]

Hi everyone!

I have a question. I took Zopiclone for a week and it triggered inter dose symptoms. I got insomnia, anxiety, stomach pain, diarrhea, intrusive thoughts, tingling in my body, tinnitus and nausea. As soon as I realized what had happened to me, I stopped cold turkey. It’s been 2 months. Still suffering with occasional diarrhea, bad insomnia, and mild anxiety (the anxiety and diarrhea has gotten so much better).

My question is. If I ever were to go to the doctor and had to take benzo for sedation or to be calm to get checked out. Will this trigger my symptoms again? Are the benzos the same substance as zopiclone? I realize this has been a fear for me since I sometimes go to the doctor and they have given me benzo before. I’m grateful for any advice you can give me.

In the event you might have to take a benzo, I don’t think a one time dose after you’re fully recovered will have a negative effect.  But wow, it appears you can’t take them short or long term without paying a terrible price.

I'd rather die right this moment than take any again. I've learned my lesson and I'll never forget this hellish experience as long as I live