Air hunger??? Four months cold turkey

[Bi...]

Four months into my CT and new symptom reared its ugly head during the night- air hunger! Truly horrible. I woke with it gone but oh my, please make this stop😢😢😢

Does your chest feel heavy like you have an elephant sitting on it?  Like you can’t take a deep breath and because you can’t, thats all you can think about?  That’s how I used to describe it, I didn’t know the words air hunger.  What does yours feel like?

I feel a pressure on my chest on and off but when I couldn't get enough air it was worse yes. Terrifying Pamster. I want this to all stop. I want my lovely window back where I felt great again. 😢😢😢

I had this. I used essential oils on my chest and it helped me breathe. Eucalyptus especially.

Rebecca I might try that

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Air hunger that was a tough one. I’m 8 1/2 months benzo free. my air hunger left around the five month mark I haven’t had it come back yet praying that it doesn’t. One thing I did that seem to help me at night was I put a rotating fan on low, not a ceiling fan and let that fan blow on face lightly. For some reason it gave me a sensation of having air. Hope it helps wishing you and everyone else the best in recovery. we all can be successful together. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Air hunger that was a tough one. I’m 8 1/2 months benzo free. my air hunger left around the five month mark I haven’t had it come back yet praying that it doesn’t. One thing I did that seem to help me at night was I put a rotating fan on low, not a ceiling fan and let that fan blow on face lightly. For some reason it gave me a sensation of having air. Hope it helps wishing you and everyone else the best in recovery. we all can be successful together. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi, thank you for your reply

That's a great idea and I'll bear it in mind if it ever occurs again.

Best wishes

Angie

Oh, I am so glad that it is gone, Birdypie! Good news. Sometimes things just pop in there and pop out -- so weird, right?