Help please - tapering .5mg of Klonopin

[Pa...]

Hi all,

I don't know if what I'm doing is called a taper or a titration but I'm using the Gemini jewelers scale and working with 1mg pills.  I'm kinda using my intuition and cutting once a week using the scale and a razor blade.

I have been on Klonopin over 10 years, taking between .5mg and 1mg per day.  I accidentally ran out in October 2021 and felt I was going to die.  I have stabilized at .5mg since then but am ready to do a long, slow taper and want to maximize my chances at success.  I'm doing ok as I start week 3 of my taper.  I'm not using any taper schedule...just feeling my way through it.

Questions:

1.  Would it be useful for me to get a prescription for .5mg and/or .125mg.  My doctor is willing.  I guess this is a no-brainer.

2.  What do I do when the dosage gets so low that dry cutting is too hard?

3.  Any suggestions regarding supplements, alternative therapies?

4.  Any other suggestions very welcomed.

If I've posted this in the wrong place, let me know!  I'm pretty scared.  I'm also excited.  I need to keep my brain working in order to keep my job.  The experience in October 2021 was pretty terrifying. 

Thanks for being there!!!

You might want to check out this thread started by Jelly Baby, she tapered off of K, and learned things during the process, that resulted in her developing a strategy that was successful. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=275221.0

Supplements can be tricky. Some people can't tolerate them, others handle them just fine. Some find supplements did nothing, and they did fine without them. There are posts in the Alternative Therapies and Supplements section on BB, where members discuss these.