General

[to...]

I am currently tapering off to 3mg of diazepam. However, depending on the day, I experience depressive symptoms and headach after sleeping, and it is very distressing. I tend to increase the dosage a little. Is there any way to relieve this discomfort?"

Hi tokkoro

I am sorry you are dealing with depression its common  in withdrawal.  I reluctantly agreed to take an A/D that I could have done without, the benzodiazepines caused my depression.  Try not to updose if you possibly can.  I had morning anxiety/ depression,  first thing upon waking was Anxiety followed quickly by dreadful depression. Trying to cope with withdrawal symptoms especially depression  is tough.  Remember, these symptoms are temporary and they do fade with time. 

Tapering gets tougher when you reach the lower doses,  If you are struggling rather than take more, you might look at the titration method that will slow the process down .

Titration{/b]

You might also like to post here for support

Valium Support Group

Try to relax before bed,  don’t watch tv or mobile phone! an hour or two before bed.  Warm bath with Epsom salts, chamomile tea, listening to meditation tapes, reading positive quotes.  Just a few of the things I tried, oh and breathing techniques, they have helped me fall asleep.  All worth a try to see if you wake up differently.

No matter how bad things are now, It will get better, you will get your life back

Magrita  :smitten: