Tapering Diazepam

[Ja...]

I have been trying to taper diazepam.  The symptoms are so horrible that I have not gotten far.  I only eat very little. I have problem with constipation. Tapering was going well and when I got between 2.5 and 1.25 I seem to have went into withdrawal or tolerance.  I have a tapering schedule which is the slowest I can taper but symptom will not subside to continuing tapering. I have been holding this first week only reducing by .001.

Does anyone have any suggestions to move to next reduction.

I have been trying to taper diazepam.  The symptoms are so horrible that I have not gotten far.  I only eat very little. I have problem with constipation. Tapering was going well and when I got between 2.5 and 1.25 I seem to have went into withdrawal or tolerance.  I have a tapering schedule which is the slowest I can taper but symptom will not subside to continuing tapering. I have been holding this first week only reducing by .001.

Does anyone have any suggestions to move to next reduction.

I drink more water if I get constipated, possibly an electrolyte drink like Pedialite I think it's called.  If you can make yourself some boullion, that might help get you back to solid foods. 

I am glad to hear you are going very low on cutting your tablets, .001, good start.  Did you first cut higher?  that's what I did first part and been "holding" for over a month (longer since I started March 25) as wd sxs hit me pretty hard, not horrible, I've been fortunate as I took 1 mg of C for 35 years.  It was suggested that I wait until I felt stable again before I cut again.  Denise  :smitten: