Problems with Doc's understanding Ashton Manual

[am...]

On 1mg Klonopin for 25 yrs and want to taper off. Every doc I've seen so far hasn't heard of the Ashton Manual and the taper schedules. I even show them the manual and the schedules. Usually they say "Hmmmm. thats some interesting info but..." usually they say that they don't want to add another benzo. I try to explain that we're not adding anything, the klonopin will be eliminated and replaced with an equal dose of valium. Anybody have any tips on getting doc's on board with the ashton manual?

Klonopin has a relatively long half-life, many people just taper directly off that. Ashton switched to Valium to make it less complicated, since it is easier to use because you can get smaller doses. Many people get K in a liquid, or file and weigh doses.

Are any docs on board for having you taper off? Do they even know how to correctly taper you off? You could just keep getting your K filled, and taper on your own. People on here do that too.

There's help here if you'd like to proceed with tapering off K directly. For me, switching from K to V was absolutely the right decision, but it isn't always the right one for everybody. Some have trouble switching from K to V for various reasons.